Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Call from private number
1  2  Next

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 5:56 pm
Do you pick up?
Or are you one of those who block their number sometimes? If so, why do you do it?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 6:00 pm
If the kids are with me I don't pick up.

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 6:11 pm
deleted

OutATowner

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Same

pause

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:41 pm
Nopes. I never pick up private numbers. If you feel the need to hide from me, well then, I have all the right to hide from you. If it's super important, the caller can leave a message.

pause

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:

What difference does it make whether the kids are there or not?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 10:44 pm
I generally don't for same reasons as above. If you want to talk to me, reveal yourself first.

happyone

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:07 pm
No. I generally dont pick up. However my children do because God forbid they miss a call. I get really annoyed when people call, I'm not available, and then they try again on a private call.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:20 pm
I work for a home care agency. Sometimes I need to call a patient or an aid when I am out of the office, and it's basically against company policy to give out your personal number to a patient because of a very real fear that they will use it incessantly and will call you in an emergency either during a time that you can't answer (for the Frum people Shabbos and YT) or when you are otherwise occupied and can't assist them. So yes, I use *67 relatively frequently, but not for the reason you might think. I do warn my patients if need be that I will be calling them from a blocked number.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 11:33 pm
pause wrote:
What difference does it make whether the kids are there or not?

The kids could be trying to reach you or someone from the school could be trying to reach you about the kids.

essie14

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 1:19 am
ra_mom wrote:
The kids could be trying to reach you or someone from the school could be trying to reach you about the kids.

Yup. This ^^
If I know my kids are not in any danger then I generally don't answer. If there is a possibility it could be about one of my kids, I answer.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:42 am
I don't pick up because it's 99% of the time a telemarketer. I have a machine, so they could always leave a message.

gibberish

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:47 am
I answer. Occasionally doctors and healthcare professionals will call me after hours on their personal lines and will block their number. I don't want to miss their calls.

pause

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 9:27 am
ra_mom wrote:

Who would call about my kids from a private number? Their school, teacher, their doctor, CH"V Hatzala or police, these would all call from a recognizable number. Are you thinking like a kidnapper??? shock

crust

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:08 am
Overseas or out of town calls sometimes come in as private and... I don't always look on my ID before I pick up so yes I pick up for private callers.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:30 am
My doctor's office always calls from a private number.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:47 am
I started this thread because recently I have gotten a lot of calls recently from Private callers and I never pick up. I always wait for them leave a message but they never do and I'm wondering who it could be. Maybe shidduch info? I think a doctors office would leave a message...

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:00 am
pause wrote:
Nopes. I never pick up private numbers. If you feel the need to hide from me, well then, I have all the right to hide from you. If it's super important, the caller can leave a message.

This

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:02 am
Most do around me but I'm lazy. My husband has clients who call private, older people set on private not on purpose...

mommyhood

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:13 am
pause wrote:
Who would call about my kids from a private number? Their school, teacher, their doctor, CH"V Hatzala or police, these would all call from a recognizable number. Are you thinking like a kidnapper??? shock

I've had multiple doctors block their number when they calling from their cell phone. I also had a teacher call from someone else's number who didn't want her number shared when my child got injured.
Even if the number isn't blocked it doesn't always come up as the number I have saved for the school/doctor in my phone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics