Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Question about Cabbage & Noodles

twolilgirlies

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:27 pm
I want to make as a side dish for RH. I would to freeze in advance. is it better to make the cabbage and pasta and freeze? I thought of an idea but need help from freezer pros-can I make just the cabbage and freeze? then cook fresh pasta on erev RH. which would come out better?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:28 pm
Don't freeze pasta. Only freeze if you're using egg noodles.

bling3

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:36 pm
I actually made a this already and froze it. I made with bow ties pasta. I cooked the pasta ala dente so that it will be just right when reheating. I've always prepared the entire dish in advance and it tastes wonderful on y"t. I have enough to do erev Yom tov, salads, fresh cooked veg etc.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:42 pm
bling3 wrote:
I actually made a this already and froze it. I made with bow ties pasta. I cooked the pasta ala dente so that it will be just right when reheating. I've always prepared the entire dish in advance and it tastes wonderful on y"t. I have enough to do erev Yom tov, salads, fresh cooked veg etc.

I do it with bow tie egg noodles and make the whole recipe and freeze. It freezes very well

twolilgirlies

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Don't freeze pasta. Only freeze if you're using egg noodles.

assume Ronzoni is not egg noodles. which company makes them? I saw kemach has tiny bow ties that say egg noodles but I usually like to make them with the large bow ties

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 7:47 pm
twolilgirlies wrote:
assume Ronzoni is not egg noodles. which company makes them? I saw kemach has tiny bow ties that say egg noodles but I usually like to make them with the large bow ties

Ronzoni is pasta.
I buy the Chuster large round bows.
https://breadberry.com/#!/hb/m/000000/r/2089/he/Brooklyn/kosher-groceries/kosher-pasta/chuster-bow-ties-large-11-oz

You can also get the regular large bows.
https://breadberry.com/#!/hb/m/000000/r/28699/he/Brooklyn/kosher-groceries/kosher-pasta/chuster-large-bow-ties-10-oz
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus