Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vermox is USELESS Is there ANYTHING effective for pinworms?
1  2  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:31 pm
I am the op of this thread: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41093

The vermox available in the US from compounding pharmacies seemed to be ineffective,
so I caved in and ordered the vermox online from kiwi drug like Frantic Frumie always recommends and seems to be adamant that it’s the only thing that works...
Well, we did two doses, a day apart and after that I found live worms in 2 of my kids.
I am beyond despair😢
I think this is just something to deal with for a lifetime?
It’s a curse that fell on this planet and impossible to control?

tachles

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 10:56 pm
I’m put off by your choice of words.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:10 pm
tachles wrote:
I’m put off by your choice of words.

Ok
No need to answer then.
Move on

MGmom

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:16 pm
Totally sympathize!!! Dr garlic has been doing the magic for me and hope it does for you too. Local pharmacies in Brooklyn carry it OTC.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:22 pm
You aren't meant to be giving it two days apart.

You are meant to give it once and then something like two weeks later.

The reason being, that it only kills the live worms, not the eggs. So it will take time, and you are likely going to find more live ones in the meantime.

You still shouldn't give it more than the recommended amount of times - if you give it too much then the pinworms will build a resistance to it and then it definitely won't be effective.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 29 2018, 11:39 pm
did you try Reese's Pinworm Treatment? Worked for our DC. We retreated 2 weeks after the first dose. No problems since. By the way, we treated everyone in the family at the same time.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
You aren't meant to be giving it two days apart.

You are meant to give it once and then something like two weeks later.

The reason being, that it only kills the live worms, not the eggs. So it will take time, and you are likely going to find more live ones in the meantime.

You still shouldn't give it more than the recommended amount of times - if you give it too much then the pinworms will build a resistance to it and then it definitely won't be effective.

This product claims to be effective in ONE dose. No repeat dose mentioned anywhere.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:29 am
amother wrote:
This product claims to be effective in ONE dose. No repeat dose mentioned anywhere.

I guess you are using a different one then. The real Vermox (which is available here in Israel) instructs to do that - once, and then again two weeks later. Nothing at all in between.

momx6

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 12:34 am
My pediatrician gave me a prescription with 2 pills. One to take right away and one a week or two later, I don't remember. It worked perfectly!

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 3:48 am
I tried something from newnutric company. Right now I forgot the name and can't check. I'll come back soon and edit my post with the name of it. I was in a worse state than you with my kids. It worked magic. I haven't seen any since shvous.

Edit: it's from there company herbari. It's called "pin drops". Worked literally wonders. ll

Last edited by tweety1 on Thu, Aug 30 2018, 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 4:56 am
I am also in israel, and there is an option with Vermox to take it three consecutive days. This worked very well for us.

chani8

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 9:21 am
If your kids will eat pumpkin seeds, in any way shape or form, then get them eating those. Salted and roasted are yummy and they keep the worms from attaching to the intestinal walls so they just flow on through and eventually you'll get clear. But even if reinfected, the seeds keep them expelling rather than nesting.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 10:34 am
tweety1 wrote:
I tried something from newnutric company. Right now I forgot the name and can't check. I'll come back soon and edit my post with the name of it. I was in a worse state than you with my kids. It worked magic. I haven't seen any since shvous.

Edit: it's from there company herbari. It's called "pin drops". Worked literally wonders. ll

Thx for taking the time.
This came up a while ago in a different thread and I posted there that it didn’t work for us.
I was so hopeful, it sounded so promising!
I used it for my whole family, it added up to a huge expense.
And we saw live worms after 10 days.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 10:38 am
True, the vermox we have here in Europe says to give it once and then repeat after two weeks. So far it has always been effective. You may see some worms still the first few days but the itchy feeling and pain should be gone pretty soon. If you don't repeat after two weeks, the eggs that the 'previous' worms have laid will hatch so there will be new worms. Hence the repeat. Good luck!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:35 am
We always did Vermox 2 weeks apart, to break the egg cycle. We never had to treat a third time, unless they got picked up again a few months later.

Are you dosing the whole family, including yourself and any pets? Dogs and cats can easily pick up worm eggs from the soil, and then you have them all over again.

Snacking on pumpkin seeds is also extremely effective, and it's healthy in general. If you kids' school is nut-free, ask if they can bring pumpkin seeds as a snack instead of stuff like granola bars.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 11:50 am
Maxi health has good solutions for this, also in a Garlic form

heidi

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 1:12 pm
We give Vermox once and then one more pill 10 days later. Wash all the sheets and towels of infected parties, and have them use their own hand towels.
With my kids I found that the bm after they took Vermox was full of white worms. And after that they never complained-- which meant I sometimes forgot to give the second dose . . .
Good luck OP-- worms are just awful

mother4

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 2:51 pm
Heard that pumpkin seeds are great against pinworms....

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Thx for taking the time.
This came up a while ago in a different thread and I posted there that it didn’t work for us.
I was so hopeful, it sounded so promising!
I used it for my whole family, it added up to a huge expense.
And we saw live worms after 10 days.

I spoke in length to somebody thats very into health abt this product then when I was doing I. The real way to do it is to follow strict instructions on how to give it and supposedly you wont see results before 2 weeks. And then to continue for abt 4-6 months. In addition to giving a laxative to help expel the dead worms. I saw a diff within 24 hrs and didn't do any of the rest. I hope I wont regret it later on.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 30 2018, 5:58 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I spoke in length to somebody thats very into health abt this product then when I was doing I. The real way to do it is to follow strict instructions on how to give it and supposedly you wont see results before 2 weeks. And then to continue for abt 4-6 months. In addition to giving a laxative to help expel the dead worms. I saw a diff within 24 hrs and didn't do any of the rest. I hope I wont regret it later on.

The instructions say to give for 10 days.
I wouldn’t go with this product if it needs 4-6 months....
That’s a huge expense
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics