Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Online Shopping Disaster with Zara's
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 8:36 am
My daughter is a store owner who works hard to please the customers. For awhile the package delivery people called the customer prior to delivery but there was no notification of any kind this time. From the responses here it looks like Zara just doesn't care. They have gotten too big.

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 8:42 am
If I am not home and a package comes, it goes back to the post office and I have to go and pick it up from them.

simba

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 8:49 am
I didn't read the other responses but I'll give you a quick tip. If she used an Amex card, they respect the stores policies and would not let her dispute it if it is stated as a policy on their website. Visa on the other hand has their own polices and doesn't care what the business policies are. If the business cannot prove that the cardholder benefited from the transaction they give the money back to the the cardholder and pull it from the business.
Amex had different protection for the customer, like purchase protection and insurance bla bla bla.. you have to know your cards and their benefits and what to use when.

And say hi to your lovely daughter from me!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:41 pm
simba wrote:
I didn't read the other responses but I'll give you a quick tip. If she used an Amex card, they respect the stores policies and would not let her dispute it if it is stated as a policy on their website. Visa on the other hand has their own polices and doesn't care what the business policies are. If the business cannot prove that the cardholder benefited from the transaction they give the money back to the the cardholder and pull it from the business.
Amex had different protection for the customer, like purchase protection and insurance bla bla bla.. you have to know your cards and their benefits and what to use when.

And say hi to your lovely daughter from me!

And a happy, healthy, sweet new year to you and yours!

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 1:52 pm
Can she see who signed for it?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 2:13 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My daughter is a store owner who works hard to please the customers. For awhile the package delivery people called the customer prior to delivery but there was no notification of any kind this time. From the responses here it looks like Zara just doesn't care. They have gotten too big.

Sorry, but Zara is not wrong here. Their responsibility was to deliver it to correct address. They have proof that they did so; someone signed for it. What happened to it after that isn't really their responsibility. Particularly in a situation in which someone has claimed more than once that although the package was delivered and signed for, it wasn't received, their reaction is reasonable. And in a situation where it was signed for, not just left on the lawn or porch.

Nor is your daughter wrong, BTW. She paid for something, and didn't get it. (Given the fact that she knows that packages disappear, I'd suggest that she have packages delivered to her own store in the future.)

Who is wrong? Well, obviously the thief. And whomever delivered the package. Your DD should make a claim with them.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 3:32 pm
The reason why Zara has such terrible customer service & store policies (not that I ever had bad service from them) is because the Jewish/frum shoppers abused the system & took advantage of their great service & policies. They only changed when they saw the system being abused.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 4:19 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Sorry, but Zara is not wrong here. Their responsibility was to deliver it to correct address. They have proof that they did so; someone signed for it. What happened to it after that isn't really their responsibility. Particularly in a situation in which someone has claimed more than once that although the package was delivered and signed for, it wasn't received, their reaction is reasonable. And in a situation where it was signed for, not just left on the lawn or porch.

Nor is your daughter wrong, BTW. She paid for something, and didn't get it. (Given the fact that she knows that packages disappear, I'd suggest that she have packages delivered to her own store in the future.)

Who is wrong? Well, obviously the thief. And whomever delivered the package. Your DD should make a claim with them.

I shared these responses with her and she is reaching out to the delivery company. She's also going to use her work address for future shipments.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 31 2018, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
The reason why Zara has such terrible customer service & store policies (not that I ever had bad service from them) is because the Jewish/frum shoppers abused the system & took advantage of their great service & policies. They only changed when they saw the system being abused.

Do you know that for fact or is it something that you heard?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 10:37 pm
I am sorry for your daughters experience...it is very frustrating.
But for every bad Zara experience, there are hundreds of frum children benefiting from their cheaper yet stylish looks each Yom Tov.
To buy & return as much as we do as a community (they do know who we are) and then post our displeasure so publicly seems to be in bad taste to me.

simba

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
I am sorry for your daughters experience...it is very frustrating.
But for every bad Zara experience, there are hundreds of frum children benefiting from their cheaper yet stylish looks each Yom Tov.
To buy & return as much as we do as a community (they do know who we are) and then post our displeasure so publicly seems to be in bad taste to me.

For real? Your protecting Zara because so many benefit from them?
They are a business. They make money when you buy. When they don't take care of their customers and hold their shipping partners accountable for getting the shipment and to the intended customers they should be callled our on it.
All Zara needs to do is make a claim with UPS or USPS that they were paid to deliver something to Ploni bas southerbubby and they didn't (and the proof is that they don't have ploni's signature) and the shipping carrier would reimburse them for the shipping fees and product shipped. That is how it works.
Zara, couldn't care less to do it and that is not ok.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 10:53 pm
amother wrote:

Do u know this for a fact? I bought 2 pieces of the same dress in the same size. I washed one per label instructions and it shrank a lot. It was too short to be worn as a dress. I emailed them pictures per their request. I emailed video of both dresses near each other comparing length one w the tag still on so they can see the diff. They just let me fly a kite. This was 5 years ago. I no longer shop at zara.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:08 pm
simba wrote:
They are a business. They make money when you buy. When they don't take care of their customers and hold their shipping partners accountable for getting the shipment and to the intended customers they should be callled our on it.
All Zara needs to do is make a claim with UPS or USPS that they were paid to deliver something to Ploni bas southerbubby and they didn't (and the proof is that they don't have ploni's signature) and the shipping carrier would reimburse them for the shipping fees and product shipped. That is how it works.

I'm not trying to protect them. And if their customer service is as bad as you say, they won't last as a company. But the facts are their stuff is cheap and stylish. Shipping is fast and returns are free.
At what point do we say thank you, most of us are benefiting greatly from this. Its a win-win for us busy moms, and for their pockets.
If we only use, use and use and then when something goes wrong we abuse, then when we turn around, there will be no more Zara's as we know it available!

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not trying to protect them. And if their customer service is as bad as you say, they won't last as a company. But the facts are their stuff is cheap and stylish. Shipping is fast and returns are free.
At what point do we say thank you, most of us are benefiting greatly from this. Its a win-win for us busy moms, and for their pockets.
If we only use, use and use and then when something goes wrong we abuse, then when we turn around, there will be no more Zara's as we know it available!

delete

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:19 pm
simba wrote:

It's nothing to do with protecting, it's to do with whether or not you deem their behavior correct.

She said that the package WAS signed for. Even Amazon don't compensate in that case. They only do if it was sent without a signature requirement.

simba

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
It's nothing to do with protecting, it's to do with whether or not you deem their behavior correct.

She said that the package WAS signed for. Even Amazon don't compensate in that case. They only do if it was sent without a signature requirement.

Was signed for by who? The whole point of a signature is to confirm that you received it. If her neighbor the theif signed for it then how could she have gotten it. And what is to stop the delivery personell from signing and walking home with the goods.
The job of the shipping company is to get a package to it's intended recipient. If they leave it elsewhere they should be held accountable.

simba

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:

Interesting point maybe send them a Thank You card.
Large businesses take advantage of the fact that people will shop by them regardless of their service because of their nice but affordable product. Just because you appreciate the value they bring to the market does it mean they can get away with poor customer service.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:

I don't know about you, but I don't like being cheated. I was not happy when after ONE wear (not wash, just wear!) my skirt became unwearable. I therefore don't shop there anymore. I stick with Nordstrom, whose business model is much more appealing to me.

Zara knows what they're doing. They don't view good customer service as part of their business model. They have lasted and will last despite their poor customer service.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:37 pm
simba wrote:
Was signed for by who? The whole point of a signature is to confirm that you received it. If her neighbor the theif signed for it then how could she have gotten it. And what is to stop the delivery personell from signing and walking home with the goods.
The job of the shipping company is to get a package to it's intended recipient. If they leave it elsewhere they should be held accountable.

These are very good questions, but stores have to draw the line somewhere.

Imagine you have a customer who signed for his package (if the signature is in his name then you don't suspect that it was a thief) and complained he didn't receive. You aren't sure whether to believe him, but you decide to accommodate just in case. And then they complain about the same issue again. Will you honestly believe them?

I don't think you realize how rampant this kind of fraud is. I manage online sales for my company and we get this all the time. We do sometimes need to accommodate just in case though it's with the knowledge that we're likely falling into a scammer's trap. Many times we can easily prove that the customer is lying.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:39 pm
I went shopping for the first time last week there. I bought one thing that I didn't have time to try on and when I got home it was too small. I bought about $300 worth of stuff. I was told I can return. Was never told I need receipt. I asked specifically. I went back on Friday to return. The salesgirl was overly nasty and refused to take it back....even though she admitted she remembers me buying the stuff. I was so mad. I shlepped a half hour away with three cranky kids on a busy Friday only to be told they won't take it back. They even refused to give me a credit. They said the only thing they can do is exchange it for another size if they have it in the store which they didn't.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics