Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Heating up Yom Tov Foods on a Glass Stovetop

ShoshLay

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 9:50 pm
This will be my first holiday season using a glass stovetop and I'd like some advice on what others do with heating up some foods on one of its burners. My electric blech isn't hot enough to fully warm a pot of soup. Wondering what to do? I think a crockpot isn't the answer because it won't heat soup quickly enough on second night. I could buy a single, electric burner. If you've done this, please recommend one, as I read many problems in the customer reviews. Or can I leave a glass stovetop burner on? I like to cover such burners with an overturned foil pan so nobody is accidentally burned, but I don't know if that could cause the glass top to crack. Does anyone have experience with this?

Petra

Post Sat, Sep 01 2018, 11:41 pm
We have a glass stove top and I've never left it on for yom tov. I just didn't think the design would lend itself well to such a purpose and I also worried the glass would crack. So, I use two blechs. One is a regular electric blech and one is griddle that I cover with aluminum foil and can be set a different temperatures. For things that need to be heated quickly, I would put on the griddle but I put the griddle on a timer and have it turn one when needed. I set the griddle temperature prior to yom tov. (It has a temperature indicator light on it that would prevent me from adjusting the temperature on yom tov when I needed to, unless the light was already on). Works okay. I also have a Shabbos setting on the oven but I don't generally like the oven on all of yom tov so I try to work around it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars