Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I hate the 9 days!@!
1  2  Next

hindyandrafi

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:08 am
I'm at my wits end... my dh (g-d bless him) out all the kids dirty laundry in the laundry basket in the kitchen.. baring in mind that I have a 2 year old and a baby who both get food EVERWHERE....ANYWAY last night I was about to go thought the hamper to find a few onesies and bibs to throw in the laundry, when I pulled out the stuff with millions of ants........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....... Im going to have a nervous breakdow... HELP..

technic

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 8:24 am
ok....

1)DEEP breath!

2) the ants must bcoming from somewhere - find the source and pour kettles of boiling water on it!

3)another deep breath!

4)can u get a teen in 2 help a bit w the kids?

5)another deep breath!

6)etc......

good luck:)

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 9:35 am
Sprinkle some pepper, they run from it and it is safe around kids.

in the 9 days I put the dirty laundry on the porch during the day,to dry out any wetness (as to not have them moldy) and yes s/t I find Not only ants but also all other types of creepy crawlers.

queenie

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:22 am
Lucky, I'm gonna try the pepper thing. I have ants in the kitchen. Kids keep running in and out of the house through the patio doors and if there is one little speck of food there is an ant mob around it!!

I always hang up wet towel or other wet things before putting them in the wash. I am always telling the family - NO WET CLOTHES IN THE WASH!!! Of course, no one listens. I should be happy they are in the hamper and not on the floor right?

I sometimes have to pour dettol antiseptic in the wash with my clothes to kill the mould and the musty smelly from wet towels that were in the hamper for a week before being washed. Then I put a bounce sheet in the dryer so it smells all nice and not medicinal smelling.

Gonna go get the pepper now... Puke << --- that's actually me sneezing!

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:25 am
eeewww. this thread is so so so so so nasty. What do you people keep in your laundry baskets already that attacts ants??? ichhh.

gryp

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:31 am
by the way, ants dont like any powdery substance because they cant crawl through it. I doubt its really pepper they dont like, but feel free to prove me wrong.
I usually use ajax or comet to keep them away from places I dont want them to get to, and ive heard others use baby powder. it all does the same thing.

these past few months weve had ants three times. I bought a spray called TAT Ant/Roach spray and it works wonders. there is only a slight smell from it, and you spray on contact where you think the ants are coming from and where they usually crawl around. each time I only sprayed once and im ant free. ive even washed where ive sprayed and I still dont get ants there anymore.

stem

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:31 am
Whenever I get annoyed about all the cold showers and no laundry, I think about what the Jews went through during the time of the Churban, and realize that this is absolutely nothing compared to myself and my family being tortured, killed and exiled.

thebestmommy

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 11:34 am
I once heard that if you sprinkle cinnomin around the ants it gets rid of them.

hindyandrafi

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:12 pm
Thanks for the advise.... I will try the pepper.. but I still think it is so gross!!!!! I forgot to add that we live in FL so it makes the ant problem even worse!!!! I can stand anything but creepy crawlies and dirty laundry!!!

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:12 pm
ants will never cross a chalk line. I had my kids color the porch doorstep with chalk.
The good thing about tat is that it comes with a straw that directs the spray into the crevices, that way even if the kids are around, it is pretty safe.

I now have ants in two bedrooms(no food there) After a few days with no rain I find that the ants come visiting.

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 12:54 pm
thebestmommy wrote:
I once heard that if you sprinkle cinnomin around the ants it gets rid of them.

tried and true! it doesn't kill them, they just won't crawl through it, so it's a barrier

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:00 pm
We just moved to a new place, and got a huge welcoming party, lots and lots of 'lovely' ants. In the kitchen, bedrooms everywhere. What can I use that will get rid of them but that is safe for my crawling, gets-his-hands-everywhere-and-straight-into-his mouth, baby?

I need something more agressive than just a barrier, because they are coming from everywhere.

queen

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 2:55 pm
1stimer wrote:
We just moved to a new place, and got a huge welcoming party

LOL

mommy2

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 7:34 pm
from my experience, trying e/t from cayenne pepper to cinnamon...ant traps, glue traps, clean house, paprika... n/t worked besides for an exterminator

baby's mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 7:37 pm
are you sure you cant do laundry if you need stuff for your babies/children?!?

1stimer

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 2:51 am
queen wrote:
1stimer wrote:

LOL

u can laugh!! Twisted Evil

queen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 7:59 am
1stimer wrote:
queen wrote:
1stimer wrote:

LOL

u can laugh!! Twisted Evil

tell them-------- the parties over, go home!!

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 10:02 am
lemon slices really works to get rid of ants

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:02 pm
Quote:
tell them-------- the parties over, go home!!

to which they responded ---- we are home!

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 7:07 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
lemon slices really works to get rid of ants

What exactly do you do? (Could help be at hand??)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note