Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tzisis in or out?
1  2  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 6:36 pm
I’m a newbie. Does it go in or out? My hubby wears in in but do 3 year olds wear them out in the beginning? We’re not yeshivish or modern...
How do you get a newly potty trained kid to figure out where to put the tzisis after the potty?

simba

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 6:37 pm
Chabad here. We wear them out at all ages ( the strings that is!).

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 6:41 pm
We wear them in. Some wear them out.

Your going to get both ends on this forum...

What does your community do?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 6:56 pm
I would say that if your dh wears in then no reason not to do the same for your son.

My dh wears out, but I still put in for my 5 yr old (not that it stays that way though!)

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 6:56 pm
I don’t think little boys are capable of wearing tzitzis in.

Seas

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 7:14 pm
Tzitzis should be worn out. They're a symbol of pride for a Jew. As for getting them dirty - that's why Hashem gave us washing machines.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 7:28 pm
There are undershirts tzitzis with corner pockets so you can tuck the tzitzis strings in and the little ones can stay neat.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 7:55 pm
My husband wears usually strings out and occasionally he puts it in.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 2:12 am
Out since that’s what the other boy in his cheder do.
Only tuck them in when he’s old enough to keep any shirt ticked in.
Personally, I like them out.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 6:57 am
Seas wrote:
Tzitzis should be worn out. They're a symbol of pride for a Jew. As for getting them dirty - that's why Hashem gave us washing machines.

NO. They're not about "pride", though one should always be so. It's a MINHAG. Gedolim were them in when it's their minhag.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 7:07 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t think little boys are capable of wearing tzitzis in.

I agree with you. Our boys don't usually wear tzitzis until they're about 5 or independent in the bathroom.

animeme

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 7:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
There are undershirts tzitzis with corner pockets so you can tuck the tzitzis strings in and the little ones can stay neat.

I thought those pockets were for washing.

My boys wore them out because they didn't like how they felt in.

rakcna

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 7:23 am
Ruchel wrote:
NO. They're not about "pride", though one should always be so. It's a MINHAG. Gedolim were them in when it's their minhag.

It is generally a Sephardic custom to wear tzitzit in and not out. The only time my husband wears his out is at the airport security so that instead of being mistaken as a terrorist (super middle eastern looking) he is mistaken as Chabad. LOL LOL

mandr

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 12:59 pm
Tucked in is so much neater. Otherwise they hang so far down especially on little kids. On an adult it’s different.

keym

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 1:13 pm
My husband wears them out, tucked in and just the strings out.
My boys, they stay out until they're old enough to figure out the whole tucking in and out by themselves.
I say I have so many responsibilities, I'm not also going to be constantly tucking in their tzitzis.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 1:54 pm
So I used to tuck my boys in but then I realized that as soon as they got to school they had to take them out because boys kiss their tzitzis when they say shema. I always wondered why they came home untucked until I learned that boys hold their tzitzis strings in their hands during parts of davening. So it doesn’t matter if you tuck them in because they won’t stay in! I learned this when my son complained to me that it’s so hard to get his strings out in school.... I can assure you that the boys don’t remember tuck after they daven! Now I send my little one to school with tzitzis out. I think my 12 year old takes time to tuck in but he’s bigger and doesn’t need my help.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 2:38 pm
They hang out nicer from under a polo type shirt. Button down looks messy.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 3:24 pm
My boys wear them out since it bothers them to tuck them in and the few times we've tried they usually end up half in half out and a mess. Also unless you cut the strings or use the pockets the strings stick out the bottom of their shorts in the summer.

Dh wears them tucked in, that's what comfortable for him.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 5:18 pm
My family wears tzitzis in during the week and out on shabbos.

But for little boys, always out - they don't tuck in their shirts anyway.

I don't like when the material part sticks out from under the shirt though, so sometimes I buy a size smaller.

Seas

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:51 pm
Ruchel wrote:

The Mishna Brurah begs to differ. He writes that people will have to give din v'cheshbon for hiding the tzitzis, as it's a bizoyon to Hashem's mitzvah. My kids wear them out from day one (year three).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics