Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to deal with burnout

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:50 am
I have come to realize that I am completely and hopelessly burnt out. I am nearing the end of a schooling program and it ends right around yontif. I then have to get a job. I am so nervous and want to do well and put everything into this last little bit of time but all I want to do is crawl into bed! I've been told that this is a defense mechanism of some kind and I need to replace that temptation to react that way with something new, like being productive and breaking problems into pieces. I can't help it, I'm just so tired. I've tried taking naps, taking time for myself (when I can) and spending time with family. I think I'm just looking for a little empathy and chizzuk. Because it's the best I can do to just get through these next few weeks...

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:56 am
I blast music to get me going.

I totally understand.

crust

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 10:17 am
I wonder if the defense mechanism theory is true. I totally understand you.
How about not giving it your 'all' but just letting yourself be and taking things as they come?

Richard Carlson said; "If someone throws you a ball doesn't mean you have to catch it!"
When I feel I am getting burnt out I stop catching the balls I am throwing at myself. I stop giving it my 'all' and I lower my expectations of myself.

KVT

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 11:14 am
crust wrote:
I wonder if the defense mechanism theory is true. I totally understand you.
How about not giving it your 'all' but just letting yourself be and taking things as they come?

Richard Carlson said; "If someone throws you a ball doesn't mean you have to catch it!"
When I feel I am getting burnt out I stop catching the balls I am throwing at myself. I stop giving it my 'all' and I lower my expectations of myself.

KVT

This. Try to whittle down your responsibilities in 2 .
1 - is the stuff you HAVE to do
2- is the stuff that would be nice if you do it when you have the time. Things in this column may stay there for a year or so or even longer.
It's called living in survival mode. It's not ideal or optimum at all. Sometimes it boils down to that.
Most of all, remember to focus on your health and well being. Don't push your food or sleep in the second column. If you ever want to get out of burn out, this is the first place to start.
I found vitamins to be very helpful. My regimen includes, multi vitamin, d-3, b Complex, Vitamin c and Calcium with Magnesium.
Hatzlacha and Bracha in the new year!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics