Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey cheder 2018
Previous  1  2  3  4

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:23 am
thunderstorm wrote:
We had problems dating way back, around 15 years already , before it has become an issue for everyone. Before the lack of space in schools. If you don't believe me , you don't have to. But we've been given some "extra special treatment" over the years. Weve learned to accept our lot. But it did lots of damage to my inner being. My parents never had to deal with this non acceptance they way we do or did. By now I just send to a school that says "we will take you" even though the hashkafos don't line up with mine. We don't have a choice and that's why I have kids in a Chasidish yeshiva , yeshivish yeshiva and a modern yeshiva. People like us don't have choices. So my sons all wear different levushim based on where they go to school. I'm ok with that. As long as they all grow up to be frum baalei Derech Eretz. But know that there is an extra negative judgment cast for people of our background. You just don't know details or know what it feels like because you haven't experienced it.

Truer words were never said

I am in awe of you that you still aspire to belong
I started off very idealistic and inspired at 19
But then 12 years of gehennom in shidduchim dating mostly maladjusted or mentally ill guys until I met my husb
Then that turned out to be a cakewalk compared to trying raise children.
I came to the conclusion very rarly on that I had real problems in life. Money issues health issues aging parent issues
Special needs issues
There was NOTHING left to play all the games
PS would have to do
A Modern Orth school that gives a REAL education would be divine
For most BTs who didn't come to the charedi community with mega wealth , dealing with everything is like playing professional football without a helmet and shin guards

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
Cheder Be'er Yeshaya is the new school in the building.

Are they open?does anyone have their number?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 10:53 am
amother wrote:

They are open. Google the number.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:10 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Truer words were never said

I am in awe of you that you still aspire to belong
I started off very idealistic and inspired at 19
But then 12 years of gehennom in shidduchim dating mostly maladjusted or mentally ill guys until I met my husb
Then that turned out to be a cakewalk compared to trying raise children.
I came to the conclusion very rarly on that I had real problems in life. Money issues health issues aging parent issues
Special needs issues
There was NOTHING left to play all the games
PS would have to do
A Modern Orth school that gives a REAL education would be divine
For most BTs who didn't come to the charedi community with mega wealth , dealing with everything is like playing professional football without a helmet and shin guards

I have to agree with most of what you're saying and it isn't pleasant.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:17 am
OP, you may want to try Yeshiva Degel Hatorah. They are not a Chasidish school. But there are many sefardim that send there that wear tichels as a head covering. Rabbi Schwab is a really nice person. My son went to their Mesivta and he wears a Chasidish levush ( up hat and short suit) , there were two bachurim with curly peyos there. He did tell us that he'd gladly accept us but we should know that our son won't end up being Chasidish since the yeshiva is pretty yeshivish. He did very well there and they were very accepting. I felt very comfortable there as a parent. There are other BTs that send their children there too. But there is no Yiddish speaking at all. It's less modern than YSV.

Ateres Tzvi closed down and reopened as Beer Yeshaya.[b]

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:31 am
OP, Imrei Binah might be a good fit.
Thunderstorm, isn't degel hatorah a litvish Cheder?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
They are open. Google the number.

Number online seems disconnected which is why I asked. Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:

We thought so but they said there is no room, they said they think he could join at 4 yrs, I guess they have an extra class by kindergarden.
Took ages to hear back and now we are a little stuck because we were so set on it.

I am a little worried about the reputation at Imrei Shiefer, and getting into Yesheva if we send there. Which is a shame because they seem to have some great ideas about what a school can and should be.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
Thunderstorm, isn't degel hatorah a litvish Cheder?

Yes . But that's what I'm trying to say. My son went from a Chasidish Cheder to their yeshiva. The menahel is the same for both elementary and highschool. They are very accepting. The only thing is OP has to know if it would be a problem sending to a school with a Litvish Derech. My son did very well there and was treated really well. Had I known about this school I would've sent my kids there years ago. Just throwing the option out there.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Number online seems disconnected which is why I asked. Smile

694 6015

I googled it and called to confirm. It is working.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:

New amother here

They're most certainly open - my son attends Cheder Be'er Yeshaya.

They do not cater to one specific type of person, and you would be very comfortable there wearing a tichel. There's all kinds of people sending there. In my son's class there are boys with no payos and boys with long curly payos and a large black velvet yarmulke. The kids have the same attitude as the school administration - they don't care if a kid or his parents look different.

I'll be honest about Bais Dovid - while there are a few tichel wearing mothers and a few chassidish families, they very much expect their people to toe the line and fit the box. The boys can also be pretty wild and chutzpadig. According to one of their menahels, they are so busy teaching as much Torah as they can they have no time to teach middos. True story, first hand information.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
New amother here

They're most certainly open - my son attends Cheder Be'er Yeshaya.

They do not cater to one specific type of person, and you would be very comfortable there wearing a tichel. There's all kinds of people sending there. In my son's class there are boys with no payos and boys with long curly payos and a large black velvet yarmulke. The kids have the same attitude as the school administration - they don't care if a kid or his parents look different.

I'll be honest about Bais Dovid - while there are a few tichel wearing mothers and a few chassidish families, they very much expect their people to toe the line and fit the box. The boys can also be pretty wild and chutzpadig. According to one of their menahels, they are so busy teaching as much Torah as they can they have no time to teach middos. True story, first hand information.

I agree with your post.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 3:29 pm
OP, if Imrei Binah is willing to take your son for kindergarten, first take the slot. Find him a playgroup for this year & he'll start Cheder next year, it's really not unheard of.
Besides, I doubt a school will still accept for this year. You can't be to picky, you don't want to find yourself without a school ch'v.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics