Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
When bargains are not bargains
Previous  1  2  3

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 5:49 pm
southernBubby, you sound as if this is the first time this sort of thing has happened to you. I think you either have a poor memory or never paid attention to such things before. Lives there a person who has NOT had this experience? Consider it rebbe gelt. Now you know to avoid Walmart coffee, and thanks to you, so do I. I know not to buy pantyhose at twenty five cents a pair from a certain vendor because they will either come all the way up to my knees and not a millimeter higher, or rip in three places before I even get them that high.( On the bright side, the internet is loaded with ideas for repurposing pantyhose, so they weren’t a TOTAL loss. I had bought two dozen pairs!)

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 5:52 pm
Bsimcha wrote:
I'm a big believer in assessing everything.

In general, certain companies' generic brands are overall better than others

Certain generic brands are actually made for the company by a big name in the industry. Like I’m not sure if this is true anymore, but Target shoes used to be made by Stride Rite. Many foods are made for a particular company- like Walmart or Shop Rite and they just use the store brand packaging.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 5:58 pm
zaq wrote:
southernBubby, you sound as if this is the first time this sort of thing has happened to you. I think you either have a poor memory or never paid attention to such things before. Lives there a person who has NOT had this experience? Consider it rebbe gelt. Now you know to avoid Walmart coffee, and thanks to you, so do I. I know not to buy pantyhose at twenty five cents a pair from a certain vendor because they will either come all the way up to my knees and not a millimeter higher, or rip in three places before I even get them that high.( On the bright side, the internet is loaded with ideas for repurposing pantyhose, so they weren’t a TOTAL loss. I had bought two dozen pairs!)

It happens to me all the time. I need to pay more attention.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains