Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Alle vs Solomon vs Fishel vs other

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:14 pm
What's the difference between all the meat brands? Which ones are American, and which are the best ones?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:23 pm
I'm always happy with Solomon. Allen I think is Meal Mart and Fishel is Skver hechsher

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 9:45 pm
Is the only difference in hechsher or is there a difference in the quality of meat as well?
It seems Alle is best priced and Fishel is most expensive. I'm wondering if Alle is lesser quality? Or imported beef?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 10:10 pm
[quote="allthingsblue"]Is the only difference in hechsher or is there a difference in the quality of meat as well?
It seems Alle is best priced and Fishel is most expensive. I'm wondering if Alle is lesser quality? Or imported beef?[/quote
I'm not sure. I know that TEVYAS farm is imported from Uruguay . But Alle is Mealmart. I don't think their meat is imported but I could be wrong.
Solomons might be imported from Mexico. Don't know for sure.
Fishels is just priced higher because of hechsher

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 10:29 pm
Solomon's is definitely not US beef. You can see it and taste it in the quality.
Tevya's is not US but their grain finished meats are excellent.

samantha87

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 10:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Solomon's is definitely not US beef. You can see it and taste it in the quality.

Hmmmm We must use different Solomons. The Solomons sold at Costco is from Nebraska and high quality, with good marbling. I've been less impressed with Tevyas (Rubashkin from Uruguay) sold at Seasons. Of course, they are priced accordingly with Solomons costing 40% more than Tevyas.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:

What about Alle? How's their quality?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:46 pm
[quote="thunderstorm"]
allthingsblue wrote:
Is the only difference in hechsher or is there a difference in the quality of meat as well?
It seems Alle is best priced and Fishel is most expensive. I'm wondering if Alle is lesser quality? Or imported beef?[/quote
I'm not sure. I know that TEVYAS farm is imported from Uruguay . But Alle is Mealmart. I don't think their meat is imported but I could be wrong.
Solomons might be imported from Mexico. Don't know for sure.
Fishels is just priced higher because of hechsher

You really know your stuff Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics