Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it weird to go to a nail salon just to cut your toenails?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 04 2018, 10:49 pm
How much would I be charged just to get my toenails cut?

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 1:44 am
They'll be happy to take your money, I'm sure.

But curious: why don't you just cut them yourself? Do you have trouble bending to get to them? Are your hands crampy or shaky? Do you have a nail-cutting phobia? There may be another solution that would save you from paying someone for basic nail care.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 3:24 am
Maybe OP has a back problem or arthritis, and is cutting them for mikvah, so dh can't help. And it's sort of weird to ask someone else to help you. I know I have had that problem, though I just did it and dealt with the pain that could last for hours afterward.

I imagine many women do this, but ask for a pedicure, minus the polish.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 3:33 am
Why not get a full pedicure without nail polish? I can't imagine they'll be thrilled to be commissioned to just cut someone's nails.

Or if your nails are bad, you can make an appointment with a podiatrist to have your toenails cut. They'll treat it as part of your foot care.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 7:44 am
Insurance may cover if OP has an issue. My mom got a monthly podiatrist visit to her house to cut her toenails. She had a bad back.

perquacky

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 10:37 am
Often diabetics go to a podiatrist or a nail salon to get their toe nails cut. I can't imagine it would cost as much at a salon as a full pedicure.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 11:05 am
perquacky wrote:
Often diabetics go to a podiatrist or a nail salon to get their toe nails cut. I can't imagine it would cost as much at a salon as a full pedicure.

I would imagine that if a person is a diabetic, their insurance covers care by a podiatrist but nail salons don't take insurance and may not take as many precautions regarding prevention of infection.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 12:57 pm
Not weird at all. I do it. As does my husband. We pay for regular pedicure without the polish (so my feet are well taken care of basically)

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 05 2018, 1:01 pm
How much does it usually cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics