Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How do you consume your chocolate?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

When you indulge in good chocolate, how do you eat it?
Bite in and chew  
 54%  [ 112 ]
Lick it or suck on it in your mouth  
 33%  [ 68 ]
Dip it into hot coffee  
 5%  [ 12 ]
other - ?  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 205

penguin

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 1:46 am
I am forbidden to consumer chocolate after 5 pm although it doesn't help much... so I am partially abstinent because some days I actually forget to have a fix and suddenly it's too late.

(Oh dear, I hope this is not too much personally identifiable information. Why oh why is this topic in a forum where we can't be anonymous, and why do I feel compelled to respond?)

jewwoman

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 2:34 am
I usually dont make rules for something so vital to my daily living. It comes after breathing but before tooth-brushing. So whatever im in the mood of is the way I eat it.
Long stressful day - devour the entire packet/bar in 30seconds or less.
Less stressful day - devour the entire packet/bar in 30 seconds.
Hmm no difference really. But I do love when its melty and goes all over my hands. Then I get to lick each finger like a kid...mmmm
Then obviously tooth-brushing comes next..and then I cant eat anymore chocolate cos it doesn't go well with toothpaste flavour...

pause

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 8:57 am
ahuva06 wrote:
So I voted 3 but really I don't dip. I eat it alongside the coffee. Take a bite, keep it in my mouth, take a sip of coffee and let it melt into chocolatey goodness. Also, if you don't do it my way, you are totally doing it wrong!!

So I tried this method this morning and it was Drunken Smile

Metukah

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 9:05 am
pause wrote:
So I tried this method this morning and it was Drunken Smile

It is truly the best way. Although I have it with tea (with milk) not coffee. When I was younger that was the only way I could have chocolate. Unfortunately with the busyness and stresses of life I can now eat chocolate by biting into it, without a tea (although not too much).

All I need is a little peace and quiet, a hot cuppa and some milk chocolate. Ah the bliss.

I agree that taami is high in the ranks. I also love encore. I'm no chocolate connoisseur though; I do not like pure bittersweet chocolate. Apparently that means I don't understand in chocolate.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:22 pm
Right hand - chocolate. Left hand - Jiff. Dip and eat.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:30 pm
Hmm.. this thread is very thought provoking.
So let me invite you to my kitchen and demonstrate the Gold Standard of Chocolate Consumption:
First I prepare a hot coffee and then I take a square into my mouth.
Sip some coffee.
Allow the coffee to melt the chocolate into an otherwordly goodness
Sip some more coffee
Let the otherworldy goodness slide down my throat lining it with it's goodness
AHHHHHH I NEED CHOCOLATE NOW!!!

ok, but that's when I'm not lazy
When I'm lazy here's how it goes:
Break off square
pop into mouth
suck it
if more lazy bite it
Swallow
repeat
Then wonder where the whole pack has gone and regret the fact that I didn't take the time to make a coffee since I would've enjoyed it so. Much. More.

The End.

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 4:45 pm
In excess.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 4:49 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
So I voted 3 but really I don't dip. I eat it alongside the coffee. Take a bite, keep it in my mouth, take a sip of coffee and let it melt into chocolatey goodness. Also, if you don't do it my way, you are totally doing it wrong!!

So I have one very serious problem with this system. That means you can only eat chocolate with a hot drink. How can you limit yourself like that?!?! Oy a shanda!!

Though I let it melt in my mouth. Slowly. So I can relish it. And then go for another piece 😅

ahuva06

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 5:14 pm
HappyGoLucky1 wrote:
So I have one very serious problem with this system. That means you can only eat chocolate with a hot drink. How can you limit yourself like that?!?! Oy a shanda!!

Though I let it melt in my mouth. Slowly. So I can relish it. And then go for another piece 😅

You clearly haven't tried it this way. Follow pause's example and you will see the light!!
I actually get mildly angry when I see people consuming chocolate in any other way.

animeme

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 6:02 pm
Quote:
Chocolate should be eaten slowly and mindfully. I can’t believe anyone can think differently. Only on imamother do you become exposed to other weird types. Please seek therapy.

I guess that's me, then. I eat it by the handful (in chip form) as I pass the cabinet it lives in, quickly, so none of the kids see and ask if they can have some too.

HappyGoLucky1

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 8:52 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
You clearly haven't tried it this way. Follow pause's example and you will see the light!!
I actually get mildly angry when I see people consuming chocolate in any other way.

But how many hot drinks can you consume a day?!
Enough to fulfill the never-ending chocolate crave??

I'd be in the bathroom all day!

Sunny Days

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 10:55 pm
ahuva06 wrote:

Then I would never get around to eating chocolate Sad.
as it is, what usually happens when I want to treat myself? I put it away for the perfect opportunity. don't let anyone have & then it sits there till my husband or one of the little ones find it...
same happens with my ice cream treats...

shanie5

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 11:12 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t like chocolate.

Please don’t have me locked up.

You can't be locked up for not liking chocolate! But it might get you banned from imamother shock

Actually, DH doesn't like chocolate much either. I nearly broke it off with him when he told me. Then I realized, HE WON'T STEAL MY CHOCOLATE!. So I married him!

Sunny Days

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 11:16 pm
shanie5 wrote:
You can't be locked up for not liking chocolate! But it might get you banned from imamother shock

Actually, DH doesn't like chocolate much either. I nearly broke it off with him when he told me. Then I realized, HE WON'T STEAL MY CHOCOLATE!. So I married him!

SMART lady!

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 11:31 pm
shanie5 wrote:

I’m laughing my *** off with this one!! Wise choice Thumbs Up

Dh is also not a chocolate person, a trait I love about him!! It’s all for selfish me! Unless the kids reveal my hidden chocolate, which they do most of the time Exploding anger

chani8

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 12:49 pm
Such lovely diversity on this thread. Wink

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 3:22 pm
I only like Taami. I can stand other chocolate stuff, but they won't compare to potato chips.
Please don't kill me.

Boca00

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:02 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t like chocolate.

Please don’t have me locked up.

I reported your post.

And I'm going to be dan lkaf zechus that you never tasted milk chocolate.

tachles

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:25 pm
In secrecy.

But eating anything slowly kind of nauseates me, so I voted bite and chew
🍫

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:20 am
I don't know anyone who dips it incoffee.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics