Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do I not get into cc debt whenever I need more $?

thegiver

Post Thu, Sep 06 2018, 11:52 pm
(My plate is full in terms of work so cantget another job.)

I am expending on cc:
For chagim
For yashan
Sometimes for bills when account balance is low
For household expenses that are not food related such as... home repair
Necessary clothing for the children
Shoes for children
If I find something on sale for $2 instead of $12 like undershirts even I dont need them bec I already have the necessary two undershirts that I could just keep washing.

I was chomping down debt and then my necessary expenses starting rising and my discretionary income decreased at the same time (which I was using to pay off credit cards)

When I am shopping how do u weigh real needs from “this can wait”? Credit cards dont allow for patience. Theres a false illusion of being able to afford everything.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:06 am
Just don't swipe it. Seriously. If I don't set aside the cash to pay it off, I don't swipe.
Try Dave Ramsey. You don't have to buy anything but read his philosophy (without the religious stuff). Buying on sale doesn't help if you have to pay interest on the debt.

Parse down your budget to the bare amounts. What can you eliminate? entertainment and extras go first.
Increase income. Can your husband do something? Evenings, Sunday... Every extra cent can help.
Coupon. But for things you need.
Home repairs- can you make due without it until you have the cash? I don't know what falls under this category but you get the idea... Cut anything that isn't a NEED.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 12:07 am
(Clicked done before I was done). Ok, I know it's hard but you have to really weigh every purchase.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics