Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Time sensitive- cholent & flanken question!

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 2:39 pm
How to make flanken- never made before & want to try this for a 13 month old. need it to be soft & made with a healthy sauce on it.

for the cholent question- Is it unsafe to use those plastic crockpot liners? whats worse- plastic with hot food or aluminium?

TIA for responses & gut shabbos Smile

healthymom1

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 3:26 pm
I personally wouldn't give my baby red meat until they had most, if not all, of their teeth. Meat is a big choking hazard.

I wouldn't use plastic or aluminum in chulent. You can just spray the crockpot with PAM or the like and the food doesn't burn and stick to the sides.

Last edited by healthymom1 on Fri, Sep 07 2018, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 07 2018, 3:29 pm
I don't give meat to babies till they're much older.
Flanken: dice an onion & mix with oil, garlic, salt & spices. Place flanken on top & rub on spices. Cover tightly & bake 2 1/2-3 hours. Butter soft.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 10:51 pm
amother wrote:
I don't give meat to babies till they're much older.
Flanken: dice an onion & mix with oil, garlic, salt & spices. Place flanken on top & rub on spices. Cover tightly & bake 2 1/2-3 hours. Butter soft.

Thank you. came out really good!
as a btw, we're giving it to on her advice of feeding therapist and nutritionist.
we mash it up & mix it with compote or cholent. never had any issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note