Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where in Long Island should I move

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 11:47 pm
We currently live in the Midwest and like it. All types of people living together and not to focused on materialism. Dh has a fantastic job offer in Long Island and it makes sense to move. We are looking for a 4 bedroom house and would like a decent backyard. It should be move in ready so up to 750k. My oldest is five. I would describe us as open minded yeshivish. dh wears white shirts every day. Dh has a college degree but his job is in a kodesh field. Where on Long Island should we look into?

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Sep 08 2018, 11:54 pm
Bayswater
Inwood
North Woodmere
Hewlett
West Hempstead

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
Bayswater
Inwood
North Woodmere
Hewlett
West Hempstead

Agree. And in this order. The seem to move slightly to the left and you inch down the list.
Going to add that if his job is in 5 towns you can consider queens and Brooklyn although you won't get the yard and probably not the 4th bedroom

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:15 am
We were told by a few people not to move to bayswater. We heard wonderful things about the inwood community and also that the housing is very difficult and I see myself on Zillow 4 bedrooms move in ready houses are very uncommon there. Can you describe to me the north woodmere community and how it compares to inwood.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:39 am
Seems like north woodmere might be a good fit for you. There are a number of families here as you describe yours and most daven in khal lev avos. The NW community in general is very mixed from modern orthodox to yeshivish with a few different shuls. It is growing very quickly with families moving in all the time. There is a real sense of community here- a lot of chessed and comeraderie.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:42 am
You should also keep DH's commute in mind. Just because something is close on the map in distance doesn't mean it's close on the map in time. Long Island is congested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating