Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Insurance Issue

Pelli

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 9:31 am
Hi,
My child used to be on Healthfirst through Medicaid and currently she's on Healthfirst through Child Health Plus (division of Medicaid just I pay monthly fee)
We haven't gone to the doctor in a while b"H so when I took her to urgent Care last night they said her Healthfirst card didn't work. The same happened at the pharmacy.
I used her old insurance card from Healthfirst cuz she stayed on Healthfirst just not thru straight Medicaid but Child Health Plus which is technically also full Medicaid.
Anyone ever had such an experience? I tried googling how I can find out if she has a new ID card but not finding anything.
I really need to find out quick so the urgent Care doesn't send me the bill and the pharmacy can reimburse me.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 9:39 am
You can't use the same card. The insurance plans are different.
They should have access to databases to be able to find her insurance coverage even without her card if you provide them with the correct information.
Ask they to look her up under child health plus.

Pelli

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 9:43 am
I'm going to call the pharmacy now. I only have an account number for CHP that goes out with the payments. Let me see if they can figure it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics