Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cherry Hill Vs. Elkins Park?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 11:17 am
I'm looking for some help finding an affordable jewish community.

We live in NYC and there's just no way we can afford buying anything over here. Our family is growing and one day we'd love to move to a house so I'm looking into more affordable places.

I've heard property taxes in NJ are high, so Cherry Hill is on the border, but part of NJ? I haven't visited the area yet, but Cherry Hill looks like a very nice suburb with affordable houses. However, we are looking for a place that would also have affordable jewish schools. It will be a problem if we move to a cheaper living area but then the yeshivas would be too expensive (not to mention, my husband is going to have to look for a new job in the area because he's not going to commute every day to NYC so his salary would be reduced).

So which of these two places has: a warm welcoming jewish community that isn't judgmental? we're traditional that go to modern orthodox shuls on shabbat. Also, need to be a safe community.

Which place has cheaper yeshiva tuitions? (if you know how much, please give me an estimate) do they give vouchers? scholarships?

Kosher food? mikvhas? shuls?

Thank you!!!

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:05 pm
I know someone who just moved to Elkins Park. So far she’s happy there .

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Sep 09 2018, 12:53 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I know someone who just moved to Elkins Park. So far she’s happy there .

That's great. I hope to visit that place one day. But I'd love to hear more about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating