Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Friends chose the name we want to use!
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:11 pm
The only response I can think of is OMG! In my wildest dreams I wouldn't think this can be an issue. My daughter shares the same name as her best friend. (Not planned. they didn't know each other then) my sil and I gave birth the same week we both made the kiddush shabbos and guess what they share names as well. They're in the same class, get along well and it was never a problem. Please name your baby as you desire the only thing your friend might think is hey she really does like my babies name.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:19 pm
I have many nieces and nephews that have the same first and last names and go to the same schools.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:09 pm
I'm so glad that my son has a classmate with the same name since I never had one:)

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:37 pm
My daughter has eight batshevas in her class (out of 22) named for rebetzin kanievsky.

I was one of five esti s in my class.

gilamom

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:17 pm
DD said her teacher walked in on the first day, took attendance and commented that if she's ever not sure of a name then all she'll have to do is say Racheli and she'll have a very good chance of getting the name right. It'll be fun, OP.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 2:23 am
Op, I understand where you're coming from, I posted before that my SIL used the name I was going to use. To explain, all my other kids are named after relatives, but just this once, I wanted to just give a name that I loved though it was random and not from the family. When relatives would undoubtedly ask who she is named after (we all name after perished relatives) I would say, I just loved the name. Now suddenly, 2 months before my baby was born, my SIL had the same thought and used that name! Even DH was like, that's a beautiful name! So if I would also randomly use that name, it really would look like I was copying her, which is a weird thing to do.
I get that op has same feelings about naming baby same name as friends name. It's not like another chofetz chaim henoch or another batsheva in the age group.
Ps, my baby got named after relatives. DH thought it was to weird to copy his sister.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Sep 13 2018, 6:58 am
I guess you could either tell her the truth, that you each thought of using the same name or name different and accept it was meant to be.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names