Home

Proof: The Left completely unhinged!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic       Forum -> In the News

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Maya









  


Post  Thu, Sep 13 2018, 9:50 pm
Come on Cheiny. Be nice. It’s Aseret Yemeni Teshuvah.

Or is that only applicable when a Democrat is speaking against a Republican?
Back to top

Maybe









  


Post  Thu, Sep 13 2018, 10:32 pm
Lame stream media has nothing better to write, & they are in for another big October surprise. The public will vote for their wallet, Trump will have a majority in both houses.

Barack Hussein ran up a record debt, is taking credit for the economic revival. May he should take blame for Trump's hurricane.
Back to top

Mommyg8









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:15 am
fmt4 wrote:
Lol right. I’m genuinely concerned for her.


I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk this way on the political threads, but this seems to be the tone all the political threads have been taking recently. I just don't understand why we can't just agree to disagree, or at least disagree politely. Why does every single political thread have to turn personal? Is anyone here really so strongly invested in either party? (That was a rhetorical question, please don't answer, I don't want to know!!!).
Back to top

fmt4









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:29 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk this way on the political threads, but this seems to be the tone all the political threads have been taking recently. I just don't understand why we can't just agree to disagree, or at least disagree politely. Why does every single political thread have to turn personal? Is anyone here really so strongly invested in either party? (That was a rhetorical question, please don't answer, I don't want to know!!!).


No one except Cheiny, as far as I can tell. What’s the common denominator between all the latest political threads? One veryyyy strongly invested Trump supporter who has just recently started many rabidly anti-left posts and personally attacking anyone who doesn’t share her right wing views...
Back to top

Jeanette









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:33 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk this way on the political threads, but this seems to be the tone all the political threads have been taking recently. I just don't understand why we can't just agree to disagree, or at least disagree politely. Why does every single political thread have to turn personal? Is anyone here really so strongly invested in either party? (That was a rhetorical question, please don't answer, I don't want to know!!!).


I wonder what you think about the title of the thread.
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 11:53 am
Maybe wrote:
Lame stream media has nothing better to write, & they are in for another big October surprise. The public will vote for their wallet, Trump will have a majority in both houses.

Barack Hussein ran up a record debt, is taking credit for the economic revival. May he should take blame for Trump's hurricane.


What's with the nursery school bully insults? If you want to have an intelligent conversation, how about writing with a little respect?

Trump already has a majority in both Houses, you know.

The National Debt now exceeds $21 trillion. That's an increase of more than a trillion dollars since Trump took office. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates annual deficits could top $2.1 trillion per year in the next decade. But somehow, Trump claims he's going to eliminate that, completely, over the next 6-1/2 years. Except when he's claiming that he's going to lift the debt ceiling, because it doesn't matter.

As to the economy, its pretty much continuing to follow the same trajectory that it had under Obama. Can Trump take credit for not tanking it? Sure. I guess. Why not? But pretending that its some giant turn around? Sorry. There are these things called facts, and they just plain old don't support that. No matter what nasty little ugly names you call President Obama or the news-gathering organizations.

(Oh, and Trump gets to take his own blame for the nearly 3000 who died as a result of the dismal recovery efforts in Puerto Rico. Except he will never take the blame for anything.)
Back to top

southernbubby









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 1:08 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk this way on the political threads, but this seems to be the tone all the political threads have been taking recently. I just don't understand why we can't just agree to disagree, or at least disagree politely. Why does every single political thread have to turn personal? Is anyone here really so strongly invested in either party? (That was a rhetorical question, please don't answer, I don't want to know!!!).


My political thread about Woodward's book was locked. I am basically politically conservative but can't completely follow the RW script.
Back to top

Squishy









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 1:18 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
What's with the nursery school bully insults? If you want to have an intelligent conversation, how about writing with a little respect?

Trump already has a majority in both Houses, you know.

The National Debt now exceeds $21 trillion. That's an increase of more than a trillion dollars since Trump took office. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates annual deficits could top $2.1 trillion per year in the next decade. But somehow, Trump claims he's going to eliminate that, completely, over the next 6-1/2 years. Except when he's claiming that he's going to lift the debt ceiling, because it doesn't matter.

As to the economy, its pretty much continuing to follow the same trajectory that it had under Obama. Can Trump take credit for not tanking it? Sure. I guess. Why not? But pretending that its some giant turn around? Sorry. There are these things called facts, and they just plain old don't support that. No matter what nasty little ugly names you call President Obama or the news-gathering organizations.

(Oh, and Trump gets to take his own blame for the nearly 3000 who died as a result of the dismal recovery efforts in Puerto Rico. Except he will never take the blame for anything.)


Are all those clips of Obama doctored like the ones where he is asking how Trump will create jobs with a magic wand or him conceding that we won't have a 2% GDP growth again and Trump doubling it?

The trajectory is not the same except in the sense that it is going up, but you could not have predicted this economy from where it was. A 1% inflation and a 10% inflation are both going up also. The stock market is Trump's success. It is a leading indicator not a lagging indicator. Obama can't claim that with any credibility to anyone with knowledge of the market.

Common sense also says that when you cut off the flow of cheap labor, wages go up. The law of supply and demand. The wonderful historic lows in unemployment are not because of Obama's policies.

I read a quote about Obama. He tried and tried to improve the economy, but he is like the guy who tried to open the jar and couldn't. When Trump came along and did what Obama said couldn't be done, Obama claimed he loosened the jar.

I also have concerns about Puerto Rico. Trump makes some excellent points about the continued corruption and the failing economy before the hurricane. He also makes a very good point that the current death toll from the hurricane is exaggerated.

But what is missing is the cost of what happened to the pharmaceutical giants who took advantage of the tax laws and got wiped out. I don't read about the medicine shortages directly due to the hurricane.

Trump's operating style is here to stay . I think we will be seeing copycats and it won't be so shocking anymore.
Back to top

Squishy









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 1:26 pm
fmt4 wrote:
No one except Cheiny, as far as I can tell. What’s the common denominator between all the latest political threads? One veryyyy strongly invested Trump supporter who has just recently started many rabidly anti-left posts and personally attacking anyone who doesn’t share her right wing views...


Maybe I don't read everything, but I see Cheiny being attacked repeatedly and personally.

This site has a mean girl mob mentality. Every so often, a certain poster will be singled out for the treatment. Her saying the left is unhinged is not the same as all these personal attacks on her I keep reading.

Where is Marina? Three times before she defended posters with me when the site turned on them. She probably stepped in quite a few times more than I am aware.
Back to top

Fox









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 2:30 pm
fmt4 wrote:
What’s the common denominator between all the latest political threads? One veryyyy strongly invested Trump supporter who has just recently started many rabidly anti-left posts and personally attacking anyone who doesn’t share her right wing views...

It's always a shock when conservatives don't roll over and play dead, isn't it?

Go back and check the political threads over the past two years. I'll wait. Here's what you'll find: almost all were started by a handful of posters who wanted to complain to one another about Trump. In fact, on more than one occasion I've been told that's the purpose of the thread -- offering up any rebuttal is changing the topic.

But when a pro-Trump poster starts threads and wants to discuss politics and culture from that viewpoint, it's suddenly unreasonable.

As for personal attacks, don't make me laugh. I've taken more personal attacks because of my politics and cultural views on this site than Cheiny could dish out in a lifetime. And I'm not even counting routine sarcasm designed to make me look stupid or foolish.

Writ large, this is the attitude that fueled Trump's election -- the idea that the left is entitled to do and say things that others aren't.

We have posters here on Imamother who have defended Antifa, the SPLC, and claimed that criticism of socialism is just "fear mongering." We even have a poster who insists that Trump voters are the equivalent of the KKK. Yawn. Just another political thread.

So forgive me if I don't take all these complaints about Cheiny's threads terribly seriously.
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 2:49 pm
Fox wrote:
It's always a shock when conservatives don't roll over and play dead, isn't it?

Go back and check the political threads over the past two years. I'll wait. Here's what you'll find: almost all were started by a handful of posters who wanted to complain to one another about Trump. In fact, on more than one occasion I've been told that's the purpose of the thread -- offering up any rebuttal is changing the topic.

But when a pro-Trump poster starts threads and wants to discuss politics and culture from that viewpoint, it's suddenly unreasonable.

As for personal attacks, don't make me laugh. I've taken more personal attacks because of my politics and cultural views on this site than Cheiny could dish out in a lifetime. And I'm not even counting routine sarcasm designed to make me look stupid or foolish.

Writ large, this is the attitude that fueled Trump's election -- the idea that the left is entitled to do and say things that others aren't.

We have posters here on Imamother who have defended Antifa, the SPLC, and claimed that criticism of socialism is just "fear mongering." We even have a poster who insists that Trump voters are the equivalent of the KKK. Yawn. Just another political thread.

So forgive me if I don't take all these complaints about Cheiny's threads terribly seriously.


If you really want to start less than a week before Yom Kippur, I'll pull some of the downright nasty things that you say, then you play all Little Miss Innocent and claim that others (namely me) attack you. Because that's your modus operandi.

As to the other poster, when you start off by telling other people that they are "unhinged," you shouldn't pretend to be surprised when others respond in kind.

But how about we put down the gloves and play nice, at least until after Yom Kippur.
Back to top

shyshira









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:27 pm
Quote:
But when a pro-Trump poster starts threads and wants to discuss politics and culture from that viewpoint, it's suddenly unreasonable.


I reread the OP. That didn't seem like an invitation to discuss politics and culture.
Back to top

Fox









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If you really want to start less than a week before Yom Kippur, I'll pull some of the downright nasty things that you say, then you play all Little Miss Innocent and claim that others (namely me) attack you. Because that's your modus operandi.

As to the other poster, when you start off by telling other people that they are "unhinged," you shouldn't pretend to be surprised when others respond in kind.

But how about we put down the gloves and play nice, at least until after Yom Kippur.

I think we could call this a "Yom Kippur Sandwich." Two slices of Yom Kippur with a couple of attacks between them.

However, you haven't disputed the fact that the vast majority of political threads have been started by anti-Trump posters and are phrased to reflect that viewpoint.

If someone doesn't want to participate in a thread started from a conservative perspective, then don't. No need to complain about it.

And, no, I'm not singling you out. You do enough homework to make me do mine.
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:54 pm
Fox wrote:
I think we could call this a "Yom Kippur Sandwich." Two slices of Yom Kippur with a couple of attacks between them.

However, you haven't disputed the fact that the vast majority of political threads have been started by anti-Trump posters and are phrased to reflect that viewpoint.

If someone doesn't want to participate in a thread started from a conservative perspective, then don't. No need to complain about it.

And, no, I'm not singling you out. You do enough homework to make me do mine.


I wasn't aware that I had to dispute every point that you make. Mea culpa. I've never counted the number of threads started by any particular group, but it seems to me that we see a lot more anti-left threads than anti-right. But that's just a perception.
Back to top

Cheiny









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:00 pm
Maybe wrote:
Lame stream media has nothing better to write, & they are in for another big October surprise. The public will vote for their wallet, Trump will have a majority in both houses.

Barack Hussein ran up a record debt, is taking credit for the economic revival. May he should take blame for Trump's hurricane.


Amen to all you said! And a gmar chatima tova to all.
Back to top

Cheiny









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:03 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm not really sure why it's ok to talk this way on the political threads, but this seems to be the tone all the political threads have been taking recently. I just don't understand why we can't just agree to disagree, or at least disagree politely. Why does every single political thread have to turn personal? Is anyone here really so strongly invested in either party? (That was a rhetorical question, please don't answer, I don't want to know!!!).


Kudos to you, I’ve been wondering the same thing! And others have told me privately that if I think this is bad, it was even nastier before the presidential elections! I’m glad I missed it. Laughing
Back to top

Cheiny









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:06 pm
fmt4 wrote:
No one except Cheiny, as far as I can tell. What’s the common denominator between all the latest political threads? One veryyyy strongly invested Trump supporter who has just recently started many rabidly anti-left posts and personally attacking anyone who doesn’t share her right wing views...


So I will challenge you, as I did to your fellow Democrats, to provide proof of my making personal attacks against anyone here. Please show the exact quotes of mine. But somehow I’m sure that silence will follow, as it did from the others who made the false charge. Projection perhaps?
Back to top

Cheiny









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:09 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I wonder what you think about the title of the thread.


The title of the thread refers specifically to those who made the wild accusation that Trump is responsible for the hurricane. It’s sad if you thought I was referring to you or anyone here whom I don’t know.
Back to top

Cheiny









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:12 pm
Squishy wrote:
Maybe I don't read everything, but I see Cheiny being attacked repeatedly and personally.

This site has a mean girl mob mentality. Every so often, a certain poster will be singled out for the treatment. Her saying the left is unhinged is not the same as all these personal attacks on her I keep reading.

Where is Marina? Three times before she defended posters with me when the site turned on them. She probably stepped in quite a few times more than I am aware.


Thanks. It’s all projection in their parts. I don’t attack anyone personally while the others do so regularly. Amazing.
Back to top

SixOfWands









  


Post  Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:
The title of the thread refers specifically to those who made the wild accusation that Trump is responsible for the hurricane. It’s sad if you thought I was referring to you or anyone here whom I don’t know.


You said "The Left is completely unhinged." I am part of the Left. You accordingly referred to me as "unhinged."

And no one -- NOT A SINGLE SENTIENT HUMAN BEING -- claimed that Trump was "responsible" for the hurricane. The editorial referred to his benighted position on climate change.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic       Forum -> In the News

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Rust Proof over shower caddy - previous rust proof, rusted ?
by amother
8 Fri, Mar 16 2018, 3:54 pm View last post
Idiot-proof challah
by amother
6 Thu, May 21 2015, 4:12 am View last post
water proof cast
by amother
5 Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:44 pm View last post
kid-proof tights?
by seeker
5 Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:50 pm View last post
Idiot proof babywearing
by mha3484
15 Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:43 pm View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad