Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How does the Bakery get the soft cream into the baked cookie

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:08 pm

This cookie is sold in KRM and is very good.

When do they put the cream into the cookie?

If the cream is put in to cookie before its baked, the cream would become solid.

The cookie isnt like a soft Drake's cake where injecting it would be easy. Its a hard cookie and has no sign of the slightest hole on the outside. Is the cream put into the cookie, after the cookie is baked, with some type of needle-thin syringe?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:16 pm
I think the dough of the cookie is pliable and it's just rolled over the filling and then placed seam side down.
The praline paste does not harden during baking.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:34 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I find that hard to believe. Everything, even plastic, changes consistency after being in a hot oven.

simcha2

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
I find that hard to believe. Everything, even plastic, changes consistency after being in a hot oven.

Right, but some things soften rather than harden. Others return to their original state. (Think chocolate chips)

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 3:47 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I think the dough of the cookie is pliable and it's just rolled over the filling and then placed seam side down.

This is what I was going to say. These are the important life lessons one can glean from watching too many cooking shows!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:00 pm
Ok, now that thats been solved, does anyone have a recipe for this cookie or similar?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, now that thats been solved, does anyone have a recipe for this cookie or similar?

I make brownie bars . I would assume you could make them And fill them with praline paste instead of the chocolate filling that I usually put. It would taste similar to the store bought ones. I don't know how the ones from KRM taste, but a few companies sell them and they all taste similar.

If you want to take a gamble here is a recipe :
Dough:
1 10 oz carton whipping cream/topping
6 Cups flour
1 lb margarine
1 tsp vanilla

Filling : Bakers Choice Praline Shmeer or paste. Not sure what they call it. You will need at least two containers

Knead all ingredients into a manageable dough. Divide dough into 9 equal parts.
Preheat oven to 350.
Roll dough into long rectangular shape. Spoon filling along Center of dough, approximately 1 inch wide and 1 inch thick . Fold dough over to one side, pinch to close and place seam side down. Cut slits into roll a few inches apart.
Place rolls on lined cookie sheets, Sean side down. Bake 20-30 min.

Cut bars along the slits before freezing. Once bars are cooled off, drizzle melted semi sweet baking chocolate forming striped designs.

Note these are mini brownie bars shape not round like the cookie in the picture .

debsey

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 5:49 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I make brownie bars . I would assume you could make them And fill them with praline paste instead of the chocolate filling that I usually put. It would taste similar to the store bought ones. I don't know how the ones from KRM taste, but a few companies sell them and they all taste similar.

Dough:
6 Cups flour
1 lb margarine
1 tsp vanilla

Filling : Bakers Choice Praline Shmeer or paste. Not sure what they call it. You will need at least two containers

Preheat oven to 350.
Roll dough into long rectangular shape. Spoon filling along Center of dough, approximately 1 inch wide and 1 inch thick . Fold dough over to one side, pinch to close and place seam side down. Cut slits into roll a few inches apart.

Cut bars along the slits before freezing. Once bars are cooled off, drizzle melted semi sweet baking chocolate forming striped designs.

Note these are mini brownie bars shape not round like the cookie in the picture .

Yum. I'm gonna try this.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 5:29 pm
Basically you need to freeze small balls of nutella or similar, on a greased baking sheet. Then you make the cookie dough. And you flatten some dough in your hand . Put choc ball in middle and fold up dough around the choc . Roll into a ball. Bake. Don't overbake. I have a recipe. Need to locate it. You need to work quickly so choc balls dont melt as then they are harder to work with. I take out 10 or so from the freezer at a go.

ttbtbm

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Basically you need to freeze small balls of nutella or similar, on a greased baking sheet. Then you make the cookie dough. And you flatten some dough in your hand . Put choc ball in middle and fold up dough around the choc . Roll into a ball. Bake. Don't overbake. I have a recipe. Need to locate it. You need to work quickly so choc balls dont melt as then they are harder to work with. I take out 10 or so from the freezer at a go.

There was a recipe for this either last year or the year before around Succos time in one of the magazines. I don’t have it because making the cookieswas so time consuming I didn’t feel it was worth it but they were good! Maybe someone else has the recipe to post.

mommyhood

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 9:17 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Dough:
6 Cups flour
1 lb margarine
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.

Can you post the brownie bar version
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen