Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Please Recommend Allergist for Teens

kenz

Post Fri, Sep 14 2018, 4:53 pm
Teen DD has various food and dust allergies and knows what to keep away from; however, she often has unexplained breakouts and allergic reactions and really needs further testing, but has resisted going back to the allergist because of the needle tests involved. She is finally ready to go but I need someone who can really relate to a sensitive teen and also who has a lot of experience with allergy-related skin issues like eczema and atopic dermatitis. Years ago we saw Dr. Klein but he has since closed down his Kings Highway office and we really need someone a little more teen-friendly. We also tried Dr. Silverman.
Brooklyn preferably but will travel to NYC if necessary, and we have Empire BCBS.
TIA

kenz

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 1:59 am
Anyone?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:54 am
I recommend Dr David Resnik. He literally saved me. I went to several doctors who didn't realize what was causing my distress and was going to try a pain management dr, when he figured out my problem.

If your child's allergies are complicated and you need genuinely caring sensitive brilliant guy, he is the one.

He is amazing with teens.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:56 am
I’m very happy with Dr Klein. He has moved to Ave P & E13th. He is very friendly and approachable. Maybe if you explained to him in advance about your daughter’s sensitivity, he will relate to her differently.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 11:08 am
I would recommend to start with the Skin Healing Gemach. 845.425.2773
TSWfighter@gmail.com

kenz

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 6:51 pm
Thanks for the replies. I will discuss going back to Dr. Klein with my daughter and will definitely look into Dr. Resnick.
In regards to the skin healing gemach, you feel they are the right approach for allergic reactions like hives? I would think they would be good for eczema but how would they pinpoint the causes?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 6:54 pm
kenz wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I will discuss going back to Dr. Klein with my daughter and will definitely look into Dr. Resnick.
In regards to the skin healing gemach, you feel they are the right approach for allergic reactions like hives? I would think they would be good for eczema but how would they pinpoint the causes?

Check out Dr Resnick's bio. He is really tops of the tops. He is seriously a great dr.

kenz

Post Sat, Sep 29 2018, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
Check out Dr Resnick's bio. He is really tops of the tops. He is seriously a great dr.

I see that Dr. Resnick is in Poughkeepsie. That's very difficult for me. Can anyone else recommend someone in Brooklyn or Manhattan? If it's a one-time thing I could probably manage but not ongoing visits.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 2:56 pm

Doesn't hurt to try. If they can help, they can, if not, not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics