Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child with swallow disorder/aspiration/dysphagia

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:07 pm
I am looking to connect with parents of mainstream kids that have dysphagia/aspiration. I have a child with no other health issues-perfect development but cannot swallow liquids as she aspirates. (all liquids are thickened)

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 8:44 pm
Been there.done that. My child was on honey thick and then transitioned to nectar . There are many options as a child gets older depending on where the dysfunction is. Botox injections, collagen injections and other options. Sometimes esophageal ballooning is an option. Many times , if theres no underlying neurological condition the child will outgrow the dysphagia by age two.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Sep 15 2018, 11:29 pm
I'm an adult with this issue and weekly craniosacral helps me a lot!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 5:17 pm
The reason I am asking is actually my child just got over it at age 5 and I feel that there is not enough support out there for parents that are having this problem. My child had full testing MRI of brain and spine, full bloodwork to check for many conditions, EMG, MLB.
BH! we are over with it and no one was expecting it to happen so soon even the doctors... I will leave the full story for a different time. What do you think about starting a support group for people with children on thickener to give advice and support.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics