Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Help me understand Kapparos Protesters and Abortion
1  2  3  Next

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:39 am

Let me begin by saying my family hasnt done Kapparos with chickens for many years, since DH heard that some Rabbonim are against it (Im not sure which Rabbonim).

But Im not sure that the same livid Kapparos protesters who despise and wildly decry cruelty to animals, are equally upset with ripping fetuses out of the bodies of women.

Do they also protest at abortion clinics?

Why not?

Because if the very viable fetus is in a woman's body, the woman should have the right to choose whether to murder it?

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
Let me begin by saying my family hasnt done Kapparos with chickens for many years, since DH heard that some Rabbonim are against it (Im not sure which Rabbonim).

But Im not sure that the same livid Kapparos protesters who despise and wildly decry cruelty to animals, are equally upset with ripping fetuses out of the bodies of women.

Do they also protest at abortion clinics?

Why not?

Because if the very viable fetus is in a woman's body, the woman should have the right to choose whether to murder it?

Is this post serious? How bored are you? I could use a little help with some cleaning and cooking at my house.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:51 am
MrsDash wrote:
Is this post serious? How bored are you? I could use a little help with some cleaning and cooking at my house.

Read Comment #3

https://www.collive.com/show_n.....42509

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:53 am
Yes. Do you feel better now?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:55 am
These Peta protesters are all low
Lifes that don’t work. Some are aggressive. Same story every year!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:01 am
Does anyone know what PETA's sentiments on abortion are?

Anyone against the slaughter of animals should be equally aghast at the wholesale slaughter of humans.

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

Check this out:

http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
Does anyone know what PETA's sentiments on abortion are?

Anyone against the slaughter of animals should be equally aghast at the wholesale slaughter of humans.

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day. In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

Check this out:

http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/

What is PETA’s stance on abortion?
PETA does not have a position on the abortion issue, because our focus as an organization is the alleviation of the suffering inflicted on nonhuman animals. There are people on both sides of the abortion issue in the animal rights movement, just as there are people on both sides of animal rights issues in the pro-life movement. And just as the pro-life movement has no official position on animal rights, neither does the animal rights movement have an official position on abortion.

ally

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:07 am
As a meat eater, I can’t oppose kappores done on the individual level and can even appreciate the impact of the minhag... in the way it was done in the shtetl. Where you took your own chicken to the local shochet and then ate it for the seudah.
The mass kappores that is done today is pure tzaar baalei chayim. I don’t know how anyone can support it.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
What is PETA’s stance on abortion?
PETA does not have a position on the abortion issue, because our focus as an organization is the alleviation of the suffering inflicted on nonhuman animals. There are people on both sides of the abortion issue in the animal rights movement, just as there are people on both sides of animal rights issues in the pro-life movement. And just as the pro-life movement has no official position on animal rights, neither does the animal rights movement have an official position on abortion.

Nicely written, but for me personally, its hard to fathom how anyone can take a very vocal stand and be more upset about the mistreatment and pain of chickens than the mistreatment and pain of humans, and NOT take a very vocal stand against it.

If theyre equally emotional and outspoken about both, I can understand.

I think its understood that some of the PETA fan protesters who come to the Jewish neighborhoods are just plain Jew haters, throwing out "Free Palestine" and comparisons to Hitler while theyre at it.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
Nicely written, but for me personally, its hard to fathom how anyone can take a very vocal stand and be more upset about the mistreatment and pain of chickens than the mistreatment and pain of humans, and NOT take a very vocal stand against it.

If theyre equally emotional and outspoken about both, I can understand.

I think its understood that some of the PETA fan protesters who come to the Jewish neighborhoods are just plain Jew haters, throwing out "Free Palestine" and comparisons to Hitler while theyre at it.

Yes there are anti-Semites who don't care about the chickens.

There are also people who care more about chickens then people.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:24 am
The reason hashem created animal is for us humans to benefit from & have what to eat. The animals where created to be slaughtered.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
There are also people who care more about chickens then people.

Yes. Thats my feeling exactly.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:

I find chickens to be more enjoyable to be around than most humans...cockadoodleeeee

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:

Okay. So they protest Kaporos. The end.

Seas

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:31 am
MrsDash wrote:
I find chickens to be more enjoyable to be around than most humans...cockadoodleeeee

From my experience, with people who express such sentiments, the feeling is usually mutual.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:36 am

Not a chicken, but still a bird. Tell me that didn’t make you smile?!?!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:37 am
MrsDash wrote:

Not that enjoyable, that you dont eat them.

MrsDash wrote:
My favorite easy chicken recipe is sweet & sour chicken.

Chicken:
-Cut boneless chicken into small bite sized pieces.
-Coat the chicken pieces in flour and egg.
-Add a little oil (enough to cover the bottom & to your liking.) Fry the chicken pieces in the oil.

Sauce:
-3/4 cup ketchup
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-3/4 cup water
-Mix well.

Put the chicken in a 9 x 13 pan, and drizzle all of the sauce on top.

Cover the pan and put it in preheated oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....81917

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:38 am

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:42 am

MrsDash

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 10:44 am
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics