Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Going rate for handyman

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:45 am
Can anyone tell me what the going rate is to pay a handyman to do miscellaneous jobs in the house like hanging up blinds, ceiling fans, light fixtures and fixing things around the house is?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:47 am
OP, yu might want to tell us whereypu ate located? There are women from all over on this site.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:50 am
Thanks. I'm in Lakewood

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 9:42 am
Going rate in kj is between 85 to 150 an hour.

Usually the more expensive ones are more experienced and more often than not come with a helper if there is a big job. They charge around half their hourly fee for the helper.

The one we usually use is one of the most expensive ones per hour around here but is super quick and extremely professional and clean. In the long run it is actually chaperone and better done.

Good luck.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 11:36 am
Thank you! Anyone know Lakewood prices?

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 5:47 pm
Ceiling fans and light fixtures involve electricity and need additional expertise so you can't really lump it into the same category as other handy jobs.

I'm in NYC and the guy I call for small jobs now and then (not electrical, more like fixing cabinets or hanging shelves) charges $35 an hour but I think I'm getting off pretty lucky.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 6:17 pm
seeker wrote:
Ceiling fans and light fixtures involve electricity and need additional expertise so you can't really lump it into the same category as other handy jobs.

I'm in NYC and the guy I call for small jobs now and then (not electrical, more like fixing cabinets or hanging shelves) charges $35 an hour but I think I'm getting off pretty lucky.

I think those prices by the other poster are high. We don't pay the electrician $150 an hour.

We pay an experienced handyman $15 an hour. $20 is on the high side and only if he is really good. I am in NY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics