Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Dd 14 didn’t get period do you send to school with a pad?
1  2  Next

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:03 pm
I’m just worried that she is going to get the period in school. What if she gets it at a friend’s house. What do you do?

groovy1224

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:06 pm
You can certainly give her a little 'just in case' pack to keep in her bag (good practice for all girls/women actually). Some pads, maybe a change of undwear, and a travel pack of baby wipes.

Also tell her if she gets it for the first time and needs help, to call you or go to the school nurse if she's in school.

animeme

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:30 pm
I would send pads. But in school's that have a nurse, the nurse has some. Girls can just go to the nurse's office and ask to use the bathroom.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:36 pm
Her school doesn’t have a nurse. I will send a little pack with her. What about if she is out with friends?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
Her school doesn’t have a nurse. I will send a little pack with her. What about if she is out with friends?

She carries a purse or bag wherever she is, no?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:

A purse? Talk to her about your concerns and brainstorm solutions.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 2:48 pm
In school I always kept extra pads in my bag.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 3:04 pm
The first time you get your period it's usually extremely light. I wouldn't worry so much. I didn't even tell my mother when I had my first cycle - the second time around it was more regular and I needed protection... But at that point I was expecting it already.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 3:41 pm
Ever since my daughter and I have discussed periods, she has carried a pad or two everywhere, so she is prepared. I think it is a pretty good idea to have one or two at all times just in case.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:04 pm
She doesn’t carry a bag or purse. She is very shy and I’m not sure she will agree to take a pad.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
The first time you get your period it's usually extremely light. I wouldn't worry so much. I didn't even tell my mother when I had my first cycle - the second time around it was more regular and I needed protection... But at that point I was expecting it already.

So as you say. She doesn’t need to carry anything with her?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:08 pm
Wrap the pad in a dark shoping bag so no one sees it even when looking in her breifcase

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:09 pm
Wrap the pad in a dark shoping bag so no one sees it even when looking in her knapsack

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:16 pm
If she doesn’t agree to carry one she can always roll up a bunch of tp and use that til she gets home and she can call you from wherever she is to pick her up as she’s “not feeling well” it doesn’t have to be a huge deal

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:50 pm
amother wrote:
So as you say. She doesn’t need to carry anything with her?

That would be my humble opinion. I mean, what would you do if you got your period at a time when you didn't have a pad - even a heavy flow? Go to the bathroom, fold lots of toilet paper or paper towels and wait till you can get a pad... No?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:53 pm
amother wrote:

My first period was the farthest from light! Even though I knew about periods for a while, I was still absolutely terrified when I first got it because there was plenty of blood. Better to be safe and prepared

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:
Wrap the pad in a dark shoping bag so no one sees it even when looking in her breifcase

I wrap my daughter's in silver foil. It looks like there's American cheese in there. Very Happy

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
That would be my humble opinion. I mean, what would you do if you got your period at a time when you didn't have a pad - even a heavy flow? Go to the bathroom, fold lots of toilet paper or paper towels and wait till you can get a pad... No?

I’ve always imagined every woman has done this at least once.

OP - she’s 14. Carrying around pads will soon be an unavoidable reality. It’s time for her to get some practice. If she’s out with friends, a purse or small backpack to carry a key and a wallet is a normal thing to have.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:00 pm
I used to fold up regular paper into an envelope and stick it inside that and have that in my bag. That way it just looked like another paper in my backpack.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:13 pm
At 14 probably most of her friends already have theirs and are talking about it. She will have plenty of friends to get a pad from if she needs, but yes, there's no reason for her not to carry one in her briefcase. But everywhere she goes? That seems a bit excessive.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics