Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Transportation from Baltimore to lakewood

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 4:57 pm
I have a teen looking to go to Lakewood for Shabbos. Does anyone know of any bus or van or other service available?

Emotional

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 6:01 pm
There used to be a bus, but currently there isn't, as far as I know. There is a Baltimore ride gemach, I believe the number is 732-367-9739. My info may not be current, so my apologies if I'm wrong.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 5:23 pm
does anyone know if this is current or if there is any public bus.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:18 am
There is currently no bus to Lakewood, unfortunately. If you can't get a ride, one option is to take a bus to/from Brooklyn and then another bus to/from Lakewood.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 4:53 pm
thank you

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 7:12 pm
My son was in Baltimore and took the brooklyn bus up to an exit on the nj turnpike(I think exit 7?) My husband went to pick him up there. It takes about half an hour(each way!)
not as bad as going all the way to Brooklyn and back.
If you don't have anyone that can pick you up, check out how much is uber!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 8:26 pm
This is the number I have for the ride Gemach in Baltimore‭1 (410) 358-7433‬. You have to leave a mssg and Mrs Edelson calls you back if she has a ride. They need more Pple to check in with the Gemach before they travel so more Pple can benefit.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:22 am
thank you

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My son was in Baltimore and took the brooklyn bus up to an exit on the nj turnpike(I think exit 7?) My husband went to pick him up there. It takes about half an hour(each way!)
not as bad as going all the way to Brooklyn and back.
If you don't have anyone that can pick you up, check out how much is uber!

Anyone have info on this brooklyn bus or transportation from Lakewood to Baltimore for winter break?

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Anyone have info on this brooklyn bus or transportation from Lakewood to Baltimore for winter break?

Monsey Trails 845-510-5100 and follow prompts for Baltimore line. I'm assuming that what the other poster meant was that the vus stopped at a rest stop near Lakewood; just verify that yourself

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:10 pm
Any updates?
Is there a van that goes between lkwd and Baltimore.
Does the monsey tours bus still do it bec it’s not on the schedule

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 5:55 am
Bump

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:11 am
Monsey Tours from Baltimore to Brooklyn is running through April 3. https://staticapp.icpsc.com/ic.....01%20(2).jpg

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:30 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Monsey Tours from Baltimore to Brooklyn is running through April 3. https://staticapp.icpsc.com/ic.....01%20(2).jpg

But it doesn’t stop by lkwd does it?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 6:44 am
There is no official transportation between Lakewood and Baltimore. Many people have tried van and bus services, but none lasted.

People either drive or find rides.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 7:36 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
There is no official transportation between Lakewood and Baltimore. Many people have tried van and bus services, but none lasted.

People either drive or find rides.

I’m looking to send a few kids. Uber is $300 each way which is very reasonable Just concerned to send them so far alone in car with stranger or no driver will want to make the trip. (Lakeway was closer to $500)
Trying to figure out other options. Or how to find someone willing to do that.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 11:12 am
Quote:
I’m looking to send a few kids. Uber is $300 each way which is very reasonable Just concerned to send them so far alone in car with stranger or no driver will want to make the trip. (Lakeway was closer to $500)
Trying to figure out other options. Or how to find someone willing to do that.

Find someone who is going anyway and has room in the car. Think of a couple or just any family that has a few empty seats in their car coming in for a shabbos or simcha who can give a ride to a few kids. We did it more than once before we filled our car with our own kids. Not specifically Lakewood, but when we were going out of town and had room in our car.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 11:17 am
its a nuisance, but my son always takes NJT from Lakewood to Philly, and Greyhound from
Philly to Baltimore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics