Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Rav said to eat shiurim

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:17 pm
But I feel guilty not fasting. He said this is called fasting and I don’t need to try. I just wonder if I presented it clearly. I think I did but I feel like maybe I could have sounded like I’m doing better than I really am. Which makes no sense. It feels hard to be in such a difficult place that I am not even supposed to fast on Yom Kippur of all days.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
But I feel guilty not fasting. He said this is called fasting and I don’t need to try. I just wonder if I presented it clearly. I think I did but I feel like maybe I could have sounded like I’m doing better than I really am. Which makes no sense. It feels hard to be in such a difficult place that I am not even supposed to fast on Yom Kippur of all days.

Relax. You asked a question and were prepared to follow the psak either way. The rav said to eat shiurim. Follow the rav's psak and have in mind that you should be well enough next year to fast the "regular way".

shluchamom

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:27 pm
If you told him the truth which I'm sure you definitely did by the way your conscience is behaving then the same Hashem and Torah that requires you to fast is the same source that now requires you to eat. Torah is Toras Chaim and for you your way of serving Hashem this yom kippur is to eat in the prescribed manner that you were told.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 18 2018, 3:35 pm
I was also told last night to do shiurim. I’ve always fasted YK and Tisha BAv even when pregnant and fasting. It does feel odd but I’m doing it as per my Rav.

Recently found out I’m pregnant. I’m a little dehydrated already due to HG. Just managing to stay hydrated enough to stay home and not be admitted to the ER. Previous pregnancy, On a regular day (not a fast day) I got contractions in the first trimester due to dehydration. The Rav said due to my history I should take 1 oz every 9 minutes. If I feel dizzy, faint or possible sakana then I should eat/drink as needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur