Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
The best smartphone

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 1:39 am
My iPhone has been acting up lately. It's not working properly & I haven't been happy with it lately. I wanna get a different phone, I don't know what there is out there. What smartphone do you have? What's the best out there?? TIA

bsy

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:01 am
I prefer android to apple. I have an old Samsung Galaxy that I'm very happy with.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 2:30 am
iPhone!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:04 am
Thanx! Between android & galaxy, what's better?
Another firebrick, I've not been happy with my iPhone lately, wanna try something else.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:12 am
I am very happy with my iPhone SE, but DH has a Moto E4 Plus that he is very happy with too (amazing battery life)! (This is what he got: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c......html )

Both Android and iOS are great, have used both extensively, but they are very different, and not everything transfers well. (You need to buy a $30-$40 program to transfer WhatsApp messages to another platform, for example, and the best siddur and tehilim apps (free) are only available on Android, not Apple.)

Just be aware before you switch that some stuff is better on Android and vice versa.

singleagain

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:23 am
OP
Android is an operating system that is on many phones.

Galaxy, is a brand of cell phone.

I have the Google pixel 2 that I'm really happy with.

But there is no "best" phone. It all depends on what you need in a phone

What do you use your phone for mostly? Do you call more or text? Play games? Web? I'd your phone your camera also? Are you out all day, and therefore want a long battery life?

Knowing a bit about how you use it will help narrow down options.

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:31 am
galaxy is an android.

I've had a few galaxys and been happy. No smartphone is perfect but you get a bit more for your money with android. I had the s6 and wanted to get another from the s range but ended up with the a5 purely due to budget concerns.

huawei is supposed to be a good brand too. One of their new phones is supposed to have an amazing camera.

Things to look out for: waterproof, battery life, size, headphone jack. (I wanted a headphone jack and some newer phones don't have them).

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:41 am
BH I am happy with my new Samsung galaxy j7 neo. Was looking for a good camera, inexpensive, all around good phone. So far so good. I recommend

ces

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:47 am
I have a OnePlus 5, I really like it. At this point I would recommend getting the OnePlus 6T that's about to come out

doctorima

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:34 pm
A lot depends on your budget. Most people say the best Android phone currently available is the Galaxy S9+, but it's not cheap. Other options in that quality range include the Pixel 2, OnePlus 6, and possibly the LG 7 Thinq.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 8:02 pm
doctorima wrote:
A lot depends on your budget. Most people say the best Android phone currently available is the Galaxy S9+, but it's not cheap. Other options in that quality range include the Pixel 2, OnePlus 6, and possibly the LG 7 Thinq.

I have the Google pixel 2 and I love it. Dh just changed from and iPhone which he had for years to Samsung Galaxy s9+ and is extremely happy he did. It took time getting used to. It's a different system but the iPhone had way to many issues.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 10:30 pm
For tmobile and metropcs
Huawei honor 7x,
Huawei mate se,
lg stylo 4, s7, k20
, j7,
s8,
For at&t and non metropcs, Israel
Xiaomi Redmi note 5,
mi a2? Pocophone,
lg v20
lg v30.
Pixel phone
S9
S9+
Dont get the note 9 I heard it exploded.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:47 pm
I love my BlackBerry Passport ! I wouldn't change it for the world!! But in truth, choosing a phone is very personal.

I agree with the iphone haters! You couldn't pay me to use one.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:02 am
Love the LG V20

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:26 am
Thanx all. I think I'll look into the galaxy.
I'm fed up from my iPhone.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 12:39 am
amother wrote:
Thanx all. I think I'll look into the galaxy.
I'm fed up from my iPhone.

I've never had an iphone but everyone tries to convince me it's better. Why are you fed up with your iphone?

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 1:34 am
singleagain wrote:

What do you use your phone for mostly? Do you call more or text? Play games? Web? I'd your phone your camera also? Are you out all day, and therefore want a long battery life?

Which phone has a long battery life? I use my phone for web browsing (Imamother, FB, etc) and phone calls so need clear voice transmission and reception. Don't play games at all. Use camera minimally. Currently have Moto G Play. It's a bit heavier than I like.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 5:52 am
Other than the camera Iphone is not the phone everyone is buying. The s7 and on in the galaxy family, is very good. I bought a j730 I had very bad experience with the video. I returned it already.
As for moto, motos specialty isn't smartphones I don't like their build. Its cheaply made and their camera's aren't to write home about.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 6:08 am
Dh has a mi and is very happy.

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 21 2018, 7:07 am
amother wrote:
Which phone has a long battery life? I use my phone for web browsing (Imamother, FB, etc) and phone calls so need clear voice transmission and reception. Don't play games at all. Use camera minimally. Currently have Moto G Play. It's a bit heavier than I like.

I bought my pixel 2 specifically bc of a good battery life. Plus tons of storage bc it saved pictures and videos directly to the Google cloud. I have been known to play games which does take a lot of battery. But on days I don't get to games so much. Battery lasts a lot longer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics