Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to interview around yontif time?? Help please!

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:18 pm
I am interviewing for jobs now and it looks like I may receive an important offer extension (at least I am hoping for that iyh!) over email or phone call Mon/Tues during first days Sukkos. (I am shomer shabbos, etc so this is just me imagining what will be coming through--not planning to c'v answer of course). It is likely they will get me a response then. How do I handle this? When I next speak with them tomorrow should I naturally say, "I have a personal errand I have to handle Monday Tuesday so I may not be as readily reachable those days." I want to lay low about being a frum Jew to make sure I'm not going to be discriminated against in any unnecessary and avoidable way. Not sure how to couch my availability Mon/Tues in a way that they won't ask more follow up questions. I also want to show I am serious about this position and have a serious work ethic and want to signal that I'm not just a flake. Any suggestions?

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:22 pm
I would just say I will have limited access to phone and email for the next two days. I look forward to speaking to you on Wednesday or something similar. You should also use an out of office response on your email.

Last edited by mha3484 on Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 4:23 pm
Can you set up an automatic out of office reply on your email stating that you're away and will be responding to emails when you're back on Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning? Same for your telephone/cell phone voicemail.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics