Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls schools with mothers driving in boropark

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:21 pm
Looking for a school for dd. She will be going into nursery. We live in flatbus and are part of a small chassidus that doesn’t have a school. Problem is most schools don’t send transportation to Flatbush and on the other hand don’t let mothers drive. A few won’t even accept anyone from Flatbush. Moving is not relevant right now. We are looking for a warm chassidish school that has all types of chassidim. I am driving and can’t see giving it up right now especially if my daughter won’t have transportation and I will have to drive her... any suggestions?? Only options I know of that would accept us with me driving would be nesivos... which had financial issues... don’t know where they are holding right now...
Munkatch ... which people tell me you don’t want to send there... sounds like it’s very modern ... anyone has any info??? Or Gan yisroel which would be really my last choice... any info or more suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

SingALong

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 10:28 pm
Vien has some mothers that drive. Bais Yaakov of borough park has a large mix, some of which are chassidish and drive.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:34 pm
Take her on the B12 bus.. Brooklyn has excellent public transportation

CPenzias

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:49 pm
Her kid is going into nursery! Don't put them on public transportation!

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:02 am
I know some chasidish families that sends their DD to Yeshiva of Brooklyn (YOB). Its a very warm school in Flatbush. Check it out and see if it's an option for you.

If a school in BP uses varsity busses, they will have to come and pick up your DD.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:04 am
I don't think Bais Sarah asks or cares about women driving.

pleaseandthankyou

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:24 am
Many (if not most) schools in boro park do not mind if the moms drive.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:39 am
Bais Sara sends transportation to flatbush

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:50 am
Nesivos is doing well financially

reality mom

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 1:06 am
If youre a neutral chassidus, I cant see why you would send to a school that is adamantly against moms who drive. Such as Bobov or Satmar.
Schools that are totally okay with it:
Vien
Bais Frima
Bnos Chaya
Gan Yisroel
Nesivos
Tomer Devora

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 1:13 am
amother wrote:
I don't think Bais Sarah asks or cares about women driving.

If u mean beis sura, they do mind, asked me by interview if I would give it up...

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 3:48 am
Thanks so much for your respond! Not only bobov and satmar most of the schools even neutral don’t let drive... Tomer devora also doesn’t let and bais sura very strict about it too... they do have transportation but wouldn’t send there after everything I heard from friends that send there

reality mom wrote:
If youre a neutral chassidus, I cant see why you would send to a school that is adamantly against moms who drive. Such as Bobov or Satmar.
Schools that are totally okay with it:

Vien (I heard is very very hard to get in if you are not vien nearly impossible... is it true? Does somebody send here that can give me more information??)

Bais Frima (Heard- people are not so happy because they have very young teachers and a huge mess in classrooms can’t control the girls is that true?? Somebody that sends there could give me more info?? Also is it really so modern as people say??

Bnos Chaya ( thought they don’t let drive like bais sure... can I get more information if somebody sends there?)

Nesivos ( would love to hear how they are doing today? Still struggling? Somebody that sends there could give me more information about the school? Who runs is? What type of parent crowd?

Tomer Devora
( they don’t take Flatbush)

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 3:58 am
Vien (I heard is very very hard to get in if you are not vien nearly impossible... is it true? Does somebody send here that can give me more information??)

Bais Frima (Heard- people are not so happy because they have very young teachers and a huge mess in classrooms can’t control the girls is that true?? Somebody that sends there could give me more info?? Also is it really so modern as people say??

Bnos Chaya ( thought they don’t let drive like bais sure... can I get more information if somebody sends there?)

Nesivos ( would love to hear how they are doing today? Still struggling? Somebody that sends there could give me more information about the school? Who runs is? What type of parent crowd?

Tomer Devora
( they don’t take Flatbush)

leah233

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:35 am
My SIL sent her daughters to Bais Brocha (Stolin) .She lives in Flatbush and drives. They had transportation.

But that was over ten years ago. It could be things changed since then.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:32 am
leah233 wrote:
My SIL sent her daughters to Bais Brocha (Stolin) .She lives in Flatbush and drives. They had transportation.

But that was over ten years ago. It could be things changed since then.

Would LOVE to send to bais brocha! But 1. Impossible to get in if you are not stolin and
2. They don’t take Flatbush people Rolling Eyes

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 4:16 pm
Bump

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 5:05 pm
I was going to recommend vien, didn’t realize they were hard to get into.

Bais brocha?

chestnut

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 5:17 pm
What about BY of boro park? They have Yiddish classes, afaik

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 5:44 pm
chestnut wrote:
What about BY of boro park? They have Yiddish classes, afaik

No longer.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:46 am
Bais brocho still has some Flatbush families for pick up but it could be they’re previous parents or Stolin? It is v hard to get into.

I’m pretty happy in GY and they certainly allow for driving.

Vein is also tough to get into I hear but it’s great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics