Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can we park our car in boro park tomorrow

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:16 pm
We are coming with a car to boro park. Can we park the car in boro park or we need to park it elsewhere and use the train to travel to boro park?

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:23 pm
bp u can park on streets but hard to find bc every other house has a driveway

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:27 pm
dankbar wrote:
bp u can park on streets but hard to find bc every other house has a driveway

So is it reasonable to come with a car? Can I excpect to find parking?

subee

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:37 pm
You may have to drive around a bit and walk a few blocks but you should be able to find parking.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 11:51 pm
Depends where in Boro Park. In some areas you can find parking more easily than others. For example, 13th avenue is much harder than 18th. Also, like someone else mentioned, if you're willing to drive around a bit and walk a few blocks, you should be able to find parking. This is true for even the more difficult areas. Also, maybe people will be away on chol hamoed trips so there might be some more parking available. Best of luck!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:26 am
A lot of people will be going Away tomorrow so you may find a parking space. Most stores are closed on 13/16th ave so you may be able
To find spots there as well.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:27 am
Chol hamoed the streets are emptier it’s easy to park.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:40 am
Thank you!
Can I leave my car on the street or is there a meter that restricts the parking?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 12:43 am
Yes, drive straight there, no need to park elsewhere and take a train - most parts of NYC are a pain to park in. Prepare to circle around many blocks to find parking and if you're not familiar with the area consider having google maps or something remember your spot. If you're coming to visit someone specific, ask if they have a driveway you can use.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 3:20 am
The main avenues mostly have metered parking - 13th, 16th, much of 18th and possibly some of 14th & 15th - I don't remember for sure. As far as the streets (40s, 50s etc.) most don't have metered parking but at the corners close to busy (metered) avenues, the first few spots off the avenue will have metered parking. I say "metered parking" as opposed to "meters" because instead of actual meters at each spot, they now have a munimeter that you buy a ticket at and put in your windshield. There should be one munimeter per block so you would have to be careful not to miss it. There will also be street signs that'll tell you if there's metered parking on that block - but I forgot the wording of the sign, I don't think it mentions meters - I think it says "1 hour parking" or something like that. I hope my info is accurate and helpful. If anyone notices any mistakes I made, please correct me.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:21 am
Another important note, if you're not from NYC - there's something called alternate side parking, for the purpose of street cleaning there are certain hours you can only park on one side of the street. Just pay attention to the signs.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
The main avenues mostly have metered parking - 13th, 16th, much of 18th and possibly some of 14th & 15th - I don't remember for sure. As far as the streets (40s, 50s etc.) most don't have metered parking but at the corners close to busy (metered) avenues, the first few spots off the avenue will have metered parking. I say "metered parking" as opposed to "meters" because instead of actual meters at each spot, they now have a munimeter that you buy a ticket at and put in your windshield. There should be one munimeter per block so you would have to be careful not to miss it. There will also be street signs that'll tell you if there's metered parking on that block - but I forgot the wording of the sign, I don't think it mentions meters - I think it says "1 hour parking" or something like that. I hope my info is accurate and helpful. If anyone notices any mistakes I made, please correct me.

Can I park my car overnight?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:56 am
seeker wrote:
Yes, drive straight there, no need to park elsewhere and take a train - most parts of NYC are a pain to park in. Prepare to circle around many blocks to find parking and if you're not familiar with the area consider having google maps or something remember your spot. If you're coming to visit someone specific, ask if they have a driveway you can use.

We are driving to nyc to see the attractions. I heard that you can’t find parking in nyc and I was planning to leave the car in boro park and take a train or taxi or Uber. What is the best to do ?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
We are driving to nyc to see the attractions. I heard that you can’t find parking in nyc and I was planning to leave the car in boro park and take a train or taxi or Uber. What is the best to do ?

How long are u coming for? There are parking garages in NYC that might end up being less than ubering to and from work park. There are also places a lot closer than boro park to leave it on the street if u want to do that.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
How long are u coming for? There are parking garages in NYC that might end up being less than ubering to and from work park. There are also places a lot closer than boro park to leave it on the street if u want to do that.

We are staying at boro park and going out during the day to nyc

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
There are also places a lot closer than boro park to leave it on the street if u want to do that.

Ive been living in the area for all my life. The whole Brooklyn has tough parking and you have to have patience to wait on any given block for someone to move out.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:17 am
amother wrote:
Can I park my car overnight?

The earlier you park it, the more likely you'll find a parking space. Late at night the spots are full.

momomany

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 10:19 am
you can drive to Manhattan. use the app "spothero" or "parkwhiz" to put in the address you are going to and the hours you need a parking spot. it will show u a map of parking lots and prices, you prepay and have your spot saved for you. When you leave the lot, you show them your phone receipt. I use this all the time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics