Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are Women's Large face Goldtone watches still in style?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 8:42 am
Like these?

I like Goldtone and I like large face, wide band, almost "MAN" looking, even though my wrist is very skinny.

Is this still "in"?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 9:01 am
DD says yes, but better 2 tone

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 4:04 pm
Maideleh: Don’t worry about what’s “in”. Fashion is fickle and nobody’s friend. All that matters is if YOU like it, unless you’re buying someone a gift, in which case what matters is whether SHE likes it. If you like it, go for it.

Life offers more than enough situations in which you have to defer what you want in favor of what someone else wants. For the love of all that’s good, don’t live your life to suit other people’s taste in accessories. If more of us rebelled against the tyranny of “what’s in”, none of us would ever have to worry about it ever again.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
Maideleh: Don’t worry about what’s “in”. Fashion is fickle and nobody’s friend. All that matters is if YOU like it, unless you’re buying someone a gift, in which case what matters is whether SHE likes it. If you like it, go for it.

Life offers more than enough situations in which you have to defer what you want in favor of what someone else wants. For the love of all that’s good, don’t live your life to suit other people’s taste in accessories. If more of us rebelled against the tyranny of “what’s in”, none of us would ever have to worry about it ever again.

Nice advice which I stick to when decorating, because everyone loves modern decor and I think its cold and I love traditional... but for fashion/clothing items,Ive regretted buying things when I hear "no one buys that any more" and theres some new look that people are on to.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 4:54 pm
Whatever floats your boat. I consider a watch to be a tool, a functional item that happens to be worn on the wrist. My concerns are that it tell me the time quickly and easily without eyestrain all kinds of lighting situations. To that end I want a large face, big numerals and thick hands in a color that contrasts strongly with the background, and all 60 minute markings. I want a band that fits my wrist without leaving deep red pressure marks or green marks from metallic corrosion. Whether or not the device is in fashion is a matter of complete indifference to me. When I want to be fashionable I’ll buy a hat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics