Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
BE A MENTSCH!! A rant/vent
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 5:22 pm
shyshira wrote:
I thought your were concerned about a business and his customers.

If this business owner was openly celebrating succot - he and his workers would be with their families. Restaurant closed.

You are being silly now. Restaurant owners have bills and non-Jewish staff as I mentioned. Businesses can get a heter to remain open during chol homeod if they would end up losing non-Jewish staff by closing down. It is not so simple that a businessman can close down and celebrate.

My concerns are with clientele of shuls and businesses. The men need to be accommodated comfortably. Additionally, I have concerns with limiting sukkahs because some find they are nuisances. It will be a setback. Some people are asking for 3 ft this year. Next year it might be 6ft because of two double wide strollers. Perhaps, the shofar blowing disturbs someone else, so that must go. Possibly others are inconvenienced by the streets being closed down when a Torah is given.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
You are being silly now. Restaurant owners have bills and non-Jewish staff as I mentioned. Businesses can get a heter to remain open during chol homeod if they would end up losing non-Jewish staff by closing down. It is not so simple that a businessman can close down and celebrate.

My concerns are with clientele of shuls and businesses. The men need to be accommodated comfortably. Additionally, I have concerns with limiting sukkahs because some find they are nuisances. It will be a setback. Some people are asking for 3 ft this year. Next year it might be 6ft because of two double wide strollers. Perhaps, the shofar blowing disturbs someone else, so that must go. Possibly others are inconvenienced by the streets being closed down when a Torah is given.

Please. That’s like saying that pretty much everyone will die if they use three parking spots for a sukkah.
If I can pass by single file, trust me I’d be delighted.
Please refrain from calling silly. That’s against forum rules.

shyshira

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:

I'm not being silly. This pizza shop is a business. Operating it during Succot isn't celebrating - its running a business - with a heter!

Your slippery slope ends at the sidewalk.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 6:02 pm
shyshira wrote:
I'm not being silly. This pizza shop is a business. Operating it during Succot isn't celebrating - its running a business - with a heter!

Your slippery slope ends at the sidewalk.

It is doing what needs to be done for parnosa, to keep non-Jews employed, and the good of the community. And you continue to be silly. The sukkahs are built on sidewalks because customers want the convenience of being able to eat near the restaurant. The restaurant also needs them close by for staffing reasons.

shyshira

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 6:07 pm
amother wrote:
It is doing what needs to be done for parnosa, to keep non-Jews employed, and the good of the community. And you continue to be silly. The sukkahs are built on sidewalks because customers want the convenience of being able to eat near the restaurant. The restaurant also needs them close by for staffing reasons.

So its a business move - not a celebratory move.

dinatov

Post Tue, Oct 02 2018, 8:27 pm
You guys! Ima-wife-of-pizza-store-owner must be on imamother! IT WORKED! I passed by Shemini Atzeres at night and THE SUKKAH WAS GONE! What a relief! Usually they take it down like several days later.
We did it! L’chaim! 😂

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Oct 02 2018, 8:28 pm
I noticed it too!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics