Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
AMERICAN MUSUEM OF NATURAL HISTORY

sunflowershine

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 5:49 pm
have you ever went? Is it a good family trip for chol hamoed? Is it true that long long long line to get in?
Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 6:26 pm
It depends on your taste. I couldn't stand it. Found it horrifically boring. But many love it.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 6:29 pm
My son loves it. But then again he’s the museum type. If you’re into museums, it’s a good one.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 6:45 pm
I love it, my kids love it, but we are a HARDCORE science family.

I would be happy anywhere (the “compared to the Hayden sphere” walkway blows my mind every time); my kids liked the dinosaurs, the gems and meteors...

I admit that it is less interactive than other science museums I’ve been to, though.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 6:46 pm
One of my favorite museums.

dinatov

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 7:02 pm
Depends on what’s in the IMAX theater.... 😂

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 7:13 pm
Also a science family here. We love doing museums in general. Could be boring if your fam doesn't appreciate it. Plus if you want to do planetarium it's extra and expensive.

imasinger

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 7:16 pm
I love it, too.

Be prepared to field questions about evolution from the kids.

Lines depend on time of day, I think. And luck of the draw.

doctorima

Post Wed, Sep 26 2018, 7:32 pm
It's huge, and you could easily spend days there. Even if certain exhibits/wings don't interest you, there's likely to be some sections that speak to you, especially if you've never been there before. I don't recall terribly long lines to get in, but as with all potentially popular attractions, the earlier you get there, the shorter the lines.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:16 am
Love love love it! DD really enjoyed it when I took her, too. She's not nearly the science nerd that I am, and she still found it very interesting.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:33 am
Great place for kids and adults even if they aren't super science oriented because there are enough different types of exhibits for even casual interest in the world around us.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:49 am
I love it. As another poster pointed out, tons of documented scientific evidence of various existence billions of years ago so this could lead to some very difficult questions. Frankly, it's not worth the risk since many are not satisfied with the answers. I don't think I would bring children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics