Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Spiritually, can you give someone a disease by
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:22 pm
Papaya your post was very helpful and sensibly and balanced.

I don't really have a big person to speak to which is why I am venting here.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:25 pm
Pink fridge I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the question itself and not just on the "is NLC still orthodox" debate.

Ally I REALLY appreciated your joke!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:38 pm
Actually I think this thread is going to get tedious to read if I reply to each and every post. But please know that I appreciate everyone who took time to write on here.

Dankba thank you for what you wrote. You have reminded me that excessive guilt about the past can be a destructive force- BUT I HAVE TO BE SUPER CAREFUL about how I am reacting / thinking / approaching it all going forward. Because I do have a tendency to assume the worst will happen, which can lead to it being more likely to happen. Really really appreciate what you wrote.

To those who tried to stick up for me here - thank you as well. You helped me to make sure that guilt I might be feeling is turned into a positive force.

I fact I partially started this thread because I was feeling angry with said kid, who has been extremely destructive lately, which is of course the worst thing to do. It would actually be healthier to feel responsibility (let's say rather than guilt) instead of anger towards him.

This thread has helped with that.

Imasinger uncanny how you worked out his age and identified him as an angry young man. That is really the biggest issue at the moment.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 4:50 pm
amother wrote:
שטיי אויף פון דיין שלאף! ער פירט זיך נישט אויף אידיש!

Could someone please translate this?

hotzenplotz

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 5:11 pm
If you live in brooklyn there is a wonderful Rav you can go to. He is Rabbi Moshe
Feinstein's talmid in niglah and Reb Fishel Eisenbachs talmid in nistar.
He can you help you. and he can help your son navigate his unique personality, teaching him to be proud of what he is meant to do in this world. He does not charge. Most people pay him small fees voluntarily. Please pm me.

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:06 pm
there is a strong thing abt think positively & opening up ourselves as the vessel for bracha....we create our reality with positive thinking-emunah-bitochon. ive seen it in my life

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:11 pm
eema this person I went to does claim u can change the reality with special needs this way.....by disconnecting the negative emotions of self that is connected to child like feeling despair,anger, shame, worry, given up etc....

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
Pink fridge I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the question itself and not just on the "is NLC still orthodox" debate.

Ally I REALLY appreciated your joke!

I will probably not be able to give this the attention it deserves till after yom tov.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
Olive your comments re- Breslov are very interesting unfortunately and also along the lines of what I was thinking. I have no idea how to contact a mekubal or who be appropriate. Have you any suggestions? Or any further reading material on the breslov idea?

Reb Gamliel Rabinovitz, Reb Meshi Zahav, Reb Lebel. Normal Yerushalmi mekubalim.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 3:47 am
amother wrote:
Olive your comments re- Breslov are very interesting unfortunately and also along the lines of what I was thinking. I have no idea how to contact a mekubal or who be appropriate. Have you any suggestions? Or any further reading material on the breslov idea?

Breslover here. A shame that I didnt see this post before, we had a large gathering last night for Rebbe Nachman’s yartzeit and I could have asked everyone then.

While there are those with an anti dr sentiment in Breslov and Rabbeinu had feelings and made statements about going to the dr, I cant say that its our SHITTAH, like Olive suggested. When I was expecting a baby, the dr wanted to do a lot of sonograms because my hormone levels werent high enough. My husband was in Uman at the time because it was almost Rosh Hashana and he spoke to his rav (at the time) about it. The rav, (who we didnt realize then but is not main stream Breslov at all) said not to do the sonograms because once you look inside, Hashem can no longer do a hidden nes to save the baby. I did them anyways. BH the baby is now 9. I was very uncomfortable with this Rav’s eitza for a long time. I’ve since spoken to many more Breslov rabbonim, two of whom are considered manhigim (a big deal with Breslov) all of whom told me to disregard what the first rav said. So theres that.

But I’ll ask my husband for further Breslov reading to suggest to you on the topic.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 8:34 am
im not breslov. I also go to my rav on advice & bracha with major decisions, ive seen miracles...interestingly my rav always says to go to dr like this if he poils a yeshua it shud look like a natural course of events instead of openly showing his greatness

princessleah

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 11:02 am
1) Confirmation bias. A tendency to look for and find evidence that supports your theory and discount evidence that doesn't. E.G., once you have an autism diagnosis more often "noticing" spectrum-like behaviors and not noticing the other ones as often.

2) One of my interns wrote her dissertation on kids with ASD, and found that parental EXPECTATIONS made a huge difference for these kids. So the higher the expectations you have, the more your child will rise to meet them (hopefully). Have faith that he can achieve!
Teenagehood is a rocky time period. You can both get through it!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics