Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I'm up in the middle of the night because...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:03 pm
I love animals so much I have a degree in animals. Yet, comparing to kids? ARE YOU SEIROUS

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:05 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I love animals so much I have a degree in animals. Yet, comparing to kids? ARE YOU SEIROUS

I’m not comparing it to kids. I was getting a message across to that poster for being rude. I’m pretty sure she got the message.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:06 pm
Dankbar, your abbreviations are very annoying. No, this is not texting. A on line form is very different.

Also, once you own a pet , you don’t get rid of it so easily. The term get rid of it, is very inappropriate to say, to put it mildly. It’s a living creature! They have feelings too.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
so sorry to offend all of u pet lovers & ur lovely pets....chatasi! ask ur pets for mechila from me!

You’re not sorry at all. You just feel superior for some reason. And I don’t have a pet. I just have this bad habit of calling out rudeness.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:11 pm
I see im not the only one abbreviating. I didnt realize its bothering anyone. if pets have feelings people have even more. people r getting all defensive here because their pets got slighted maybe but does that allow for attacking people with feelings.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:12 pm
dovebird wrote:
Maybe you should stop drinking so much coffee Very Happy

Very Happy typing while drinking my coffee. Smile I’m not even having to much coffees a day. Just 2! I’m just extremely addicted to those 2 coffees hence my screen name.

But maybe my second coffee I should have earlier in the day Mad

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:23 pm
sorry if come across as superior or rude was just trying to be helpful with solution, ok maybe next time ill try to be more empathetic/sympathetic first. in my mind I was trying to picture what ff was going thru with her cat & couldnt handle it, but I guess I wasnt expressing my sympathy/empathy

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:27 pm
another thing is when you are typing on a computer keyboard using full words are easier but when its being done on a phone, to me its the same way as typing when texting.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:28 pm
dankbar wrote:
sorry if come across as superior or rude was just trying to be helpful with solution, ok maybe next time ill try to be more empathetic/sympathetic first. in my mind I was trying to picture what ff was going thru with her cat & couldnt handle it, but I guess I wasnt expressing my sympathy/empathy

That’s very big of you to admit you were wrong. Try to be more careful in the future.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:35 pm
dankbar wrote:
I see im not the only one abbreviating. I didnt realize its bothering anyone. if pets have feelings people have even more. people r getting all defensive here because their pets got slighted maybe but does that allow for attacking people with feelings.

I’m so sorry if I offended you. I’m the last person to offend another person. I apologize. I just thought that abbreviations is annoying. I might be wrong.

I’m really sorry, I would never want to hurt another person’s feeling.

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:46 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I’m so sorry if I offended you. I’m the last person to offend another person. I apologize. I just thought that abbreviations is annoying. I might be wrong.

I’m really sorry, I would never want to hurt another person’s feeling.

Abbreviations ARE annoying and not considered to be proper message board etiquette. Acronyms are one thing (MIL, FWIW, etc), or to throw some in here and there in hurry... to use them only in every post makes it hard to read and turns posters off from reading it and replying. Its “text speak” and is considered rude - though I’m sure this particular poster doesnt intend for it to be taken that way. When I see posts like that, my immediate thought is that its a troll, a kid, or a very young married lady (18/19). It does change the tone of the post. Thats also why most people take care to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation to the best of our ability.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:54 pm
coffee addict its not about you, here I made one insensitive comment to a pet.....& im getting attacked from all sides....why is it ok to do that to a human with feelings....doesnt seem like people are sorry about that. I apologized a couple of times already

watergirl

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:57 pm
dankbar wrote:
coffee addict its not about you, here I made one insensitive comment to a pet.....& im getting attacked from all sides....why is it ok to do that to a human with feelings....doesnt seem like people are sorry about that. I apologized a couple of times already

I hope you arent taking my post as an attack on you, I was writing as a reply to the topic of text-speak in general since it was brought up, not as a response to you (or your cat post to ff). I’d like to offer an apology if it made you feel additionally jumped on, that was not my intention.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:58 pm
I sincerely hope that those who own pets love their kids more than their pets & don't seriously compare kids to pets. You sound like these parents that posit clips of their dog hurting their baby & won't get rid of the dog even if it hurts their kids. How stupid.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:58 pm
Watergirl, I hear what you are saying.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:13 pm
Watergirl, thanks for bringing online ettiquete to my attention. I didn't realize that was expected here. I've been on chat groups before, by text, where quick language was acceptable & the norm. Will have to get used to typing in long form. It is just so much more time consuming!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:25 pm
dankbar wrote:

I apologize if I offended you.

rgr

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:35 pm
dankbar wrote:
Watergirl, thanks for bringing online ettiquete to my attention. I didn't realize that was expected here. I've been on chat groups before, by text, where quick language was acceptable & the norm. Will have to get used to typing in long form. It is just so much more time consuming!

Do you use SWYPE? It helps type things up quicker. I also occasionally use voice to text when I write longer posts.

I honestly don't think it takes much longer to swype you then type u. And it makes it much easier to read.

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:43 pm
Why are acronyms more acceptable, when one has to wrack their brains to their meaning, if they are new. It also seems like the people here have some secret language, that only they are privy to, when using them with newcomers.

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 1:48 pm
watergirl wrote:
Abbreviations ARE annoying and not considered to be proper message board etiquette. Acronyms are one thing (MIL, FWIW, etc), or to throw some in here and there in hurry... to use them only in every post makes it hard to read and turns posters off from reading it and replying. Its “text speak” and is considered rude - though I’m sure this particular poster doesnt intend for it to be taken that way. When I see posts like that, my immediate thought is that its a troll, a kid, or a very young married lady (18/19). It does change the tone of the post. Thats also why most people take care to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation to the best of our ability.

I agree with all of this.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics