Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What can Dr Ford do so her boys wont rape girls in college?
1  2  3  4  Next

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:13 pm
Extramarital relations and drinking, is perhaps less existent now than many years ago, but still rampant, and a part of college life.

That being the case, and assuming what she says happened to her personally is the 100% truth, what can Dr Christine Blasey Ford, damaged by the experience for a lifetime, do, other than having her children sleep at home, to lessen the chance that the same experience that happened to her, wont happen with her sons attacking and victimizing girls when drunk, and if she had daughters, getting attacked?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:17 pm
The same things that you, and any of us, are doing.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:19 pm
Mevater wrote:
Extramarital relations and drinking, is perhaps less existent now than many years ago, but still rampant, and a part of college life.

That being the case, and assuming what she says happened to her personally is the 100% truth, what can Dr Christine Blasey Ford, damaged by the experience for a lifetime, do, other than having her children sleep at home, to lessen the chance that the same experience that happened to her, wont happen with her sons attacking and victimizing girls when drunk, and if she had daughters, getting attacked?

I don’t think it’s the norm for this to happen. I’d hope that teens today would have more sense, more responsibility, and more morals than to allow themselves to get into such a situation.

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:21 pm
Maya wrote:
The same things that you, and any of us, are doing.

We as frum parents definitely have no guarantees, but the statistics of rape and assault are many times greater when your kids are in coed colleges with dorms, with lots of extramarital zex.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:21 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I don’t think it’s the norm for this to happen. I’d hope that teens today would have more sense, more responsibility, and more morals than to allow themselves to get into such a situation.

It's pretty normal unfortunately. The question about Ford is super weird though. [quote]

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:23 pm
Deleting.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Mevater wrote:

That being the case, what can Dr Christine Blasey Ford, damaged by the experience for a lifetime, do, other than having her children sleep at home, to lessen the chance that the same experience that happened to her, wont happen with her sons attacking and victimizing girls when drunk, and if she had daughters, getting attacked?

I would say that they should follow Jewish Halacha in keeping the men and women separate but that unfortunately does not prevent sezual abuse, rape, etc. as we know so well. There is really not much you can do other than educate them and hope they will stay clear of drugs/alcohol so that nothing happens to them.

That said, I do wonder how a republican judge ended up allegedly only targeting women who are democrats? Was he democrat as a teen/college student and then became republican? Or are the republican women just staying quiet so he can become a supreme court justice?

Mevater

[quote="amother"]It's pretty normal unfortunately. The question about Ford is super weird though.
Quote:

She says it GREATLY negatively affected her life. Wouldnt she try to do more to lessen the chances of her kids having those kinds of experiences?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:25 pm
Mevater wrote:
We as frum parents definitely have no guarantees, but the statistics of rape and assault are many times greater when your kids are in coed colleges with dorms, with lots of extramarital zex.

Why does that matter? We all need to do our part in teaching our sons to be decent men.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:27 pm
Mevater wrote:
She says it GREATLY negatively affected her life. Wouldnt she try to do more to lessen the chances of her kids having those kinds of experiences?

We should all feel the same need to do that. Why does she have a greater responsibility than you or me or anyone else?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:29 pm
I was raped by someone I thought was a friend. I have all boys and consent is the number one rule in my household. Your body is your own, no one is entitled to it, and likewise you are not entitled to another's body. You do not tickle a sibling without consent. You do not grab someone without consent. You do not have to hug and kiss someone if you don't want to, not even your own mother. If the baby is crying and trying to squirm away while you're hugging him, that means he does not want to be hugged right now. And so on. It's important both from the standpoint of teaching them to do right and for protecting themselves from abusers.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:33 pm
[quote="amother"]It's pretty normal unfortunately.
Quote:

How could you know that?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:35 pm
amother wrote:
I would say that they should follow Jewish Halacha in keeping the men and women separate but that unfortunately does not prevent sezual abuse, rape, etc. as we know so well. There is really not much you can do other than educate them and hope they will stay clear of drugs/alcohol so that nothing happens to them.

That said, I do wonder how a republican judge ended up allegedly only targeting women who are democrats? Was he democrat as a teen/college student and then became republican? Or are the republican women just staying quiet so he can become a supreme court justice?

I’m Wondering why Dr. Ford took down her entire social media account when this whole thing came out.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:36 pm
Maya wrote:
Why does that matter? We all need to do our part in teaching our sons to be decent men.

The Torah teaches that.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:40 pm
Cheiny wrote:
The Torah teaches that.

Yes and? We’re all obligated to teach our sons to be decent men, whether we were assaulted or not. So putting this onus on Dr. Ford is ridiculous.

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:40 pm
You can teach boys, but it is more important to teach girls.

You need to teach girls common sense to be sober and not go places they can be zexually assaulted. If there is drinking or drugs at a party - leave. Don't go to bedrooms. Stay in common areas and stay in control. Protect your non-alcoholic drinks.

Teach your daughters not to place themselves in vulnerable positions.

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:45 pm
Do statistics prove or disprove that the more the sexes mix, the more assault and rape happens?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:54 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m Wondering why Dr. Ford took down her entire social media account when this whole thing came out.

Why would she leave herself vulnerable to be attacked via her social media accounts. If you heard her testify today - sounds like she's been through that.

Mevater

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 7:59 pm
Maya wrote:
Yes and? We’re all obligated to teach our sons to be decent men, whether we were assaulted or not. So putting this onus on Dr. Ford is ridiculous.

Im not suggesting that Dr Ford do anything for anyone else's kids!

Im just wondering, being that she was permanently traumatized, what she can or will try, to lessen her kids being involved in the college zex scene.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
Why would she leave herself vulnerable to be attacked via her social media accounts. If you heard her testify today - sounds like she's been through that.

She should be used to being attacked as her ratings on rate my professor are harsh and shows a person who lacks compassion and empathy (especially considering that she is a social worker/psychologist) and that is from a few years ago-- http://www.ratemyprofessors.co.....52705
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics