Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Brazilians, wishing you Rasga a meia!

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 6:26 am
Brazilians, we used to say as kids in my family "rasga a meia" with R de paulista - instead of chag sameach for fun, anyone used to do the same? Do kids still say that nowadays? Couldn't help it the memories are BH still here...it means im not fully senile yet, Wink I ll be 50 in a few years beezras hashem.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 7:32 am
I have a friend who lived in Brazil for 10 years and is back home now. She isn't on this site but I will ask her and get back to you BN. She loves all things Brazil.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 7:44 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
I have a friend who lived in Brazil for 10 years and is back home now. She isn't on this site but I will ask her and get back to you BN. She loves all things Brazil.

You pronounce is Hasga a meia. People said it as a joke. It translates tear your socks... if she knows portugese she will like it.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 8:08 am
when said quickly in the sentence it’s ‘Hasgameia’ which is a ‘funny way’ of saying Chag sameach.
oh the memories...

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 8:10 am
Yes, ppl still joke around.
Also, in Spanish, EL ULTIMO, for ELUL

In English, I like the new shoes you bought
OR
Squish them under the boat
For
Tizku Leshanim Rabot
If you say it fast enough

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 8:12 am
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
White

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 10:09 am
Obrigada seniora!!!
Miss that place a little bit. I lived in Soa Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Jardin Amerika.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
Brazilians, we used to say as kids in my family "rasga a meia" with R de paulista - instead of chag sameach for fun, anyone used to do the same? Do kids still say that nowadays? Couldn't help it the memories are BH still here...it means im not fully senile yet, Wink I ll be 50 in a few years beezras hashem.

DH is from Soa Paulo but he's 40 so maybe it wasn't a thing in his day. I'll ask him.

ila

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 10:49 am
Thanks for bringing back memories!!! Rasga a meia!!!!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 30 2018, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
DH is from Soa Paulo but he's 40 so maybe it wasn't a thing in his day. I'll ask him.

Yes. My DH said they used to say that and that my FIL still says it to be cute (even though he lives here in the US)

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 2:04 am
Also remember caiu a ficha. Meaning: finaly she gets it. Because the public phones had a asimon that would fall inside only once they picked up the phone. We still use sometimes caiu a ficha and ainda nao caiu a ficha Wink

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 7:34 am
My mom lived in Brazil for a while, will ask her about it Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics