Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ner Israel Baltimore (post high school)

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 7:51 am
Interested in information about this yeshiva. What types of boys go there? How many years do they generally spend there? How would you describe the hashkakfa? Thank you

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 8:22 am
My 11th grade son is there since 9th grade. There's a wide variety of types of families who send there, much like Baltimore itself. I'd be happy to help with any specific questions.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 7:44 am
I’m looking for information about the types of boys that are in the post high school programs. What they are like hashkafically, if they generally intend to learn after marriage and for how long, what they tend to do after yeshiva, what the academic level of learning is, about how many boys are there currently. Thank you

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 24 2018, 9:36 pm
There is a mix, many do intend to learn after marriage -- some indefinitely, some have a more specific time frame in mind. There are various shiurim, so finding the one that fits for each bochur isn't hard. I don't know how many people are there now. Between the mechina, mesivta, and kollel, I think I heard like 800 people?

My husband learned there post-HS (and as an avreich) for many years. We've been gone for a few years now and some dynamics change, but many stay the same. There were tekufos where the demographics shifted, but really I've gone through the list of bochurim over the years and there are many serious learners. Some are there because of the ability to go to college but not all by any stretch of the imagination. A couple of my sisters got married in the past 5 years to NIRC bochurim which is how I stayed in the loop (post-Israel is also a different demographic than 1st year beis medrash, but really there are enough boys for anyone to find his niche).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics