Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wigs: expensive= quality?
1  2  Next

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Oct 03 2018, 11:56 pm
Is a wig something that “u get what u pay for”?
I have never bought a really expensive wig ( I guess for my length and color it’s about 3k). The $1500 wig is fine: gets washed, I wear it daily, 3 to 4 weeks later it has to be washed again. I look ok in it. After 2 years , the wig doesn’t hold the setting anymore.
Will I get a better use out of an expensive wig?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:46 am
1500 is expensive lol.
Often the 1000 is better than the 500 but the 3000 (???) I wouldn't even consider it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
I have never bought a really expensive wig ( I guess for my length and color it’s about 3k). The $1500 wig is fine: gets washed, I wear it daily, 3 to 4 weeks later it has to be washed again. I look ok in it. After 2 years , the wig doesn’t hold the setting anymore.

I’ve bought 5,000 and 1,500 dollar wigs. In my experience, yes, the more expensive wigs look better and last longer. That isn’t to say every expensive company is worth it—you have to do your research.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:57 am
amother wrote:
I’ve bought 5,000 and 1,500 dollar wigs. In my experience, yes, the more expensive wigs look better and last longer. That isn’t to say every expensive company is worth it—you have to do your research.

May I ask which company u were happy with?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 12:01 pm
I should hope that the $5,000 wig is better quality than the $1,500 one.
However, I would venture to say that a $3,000 wig can be the same quality as the $5,000 one and a $1,500 wig can be the same quality like the $800 one.
Many times you pay for the "Name" of the wig, not necessarily for the quality.
It's like this: Hey, you have a Shishkabob wig? Wow, it's stunning! And the quality is supposed to be super!

mrsjay

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 12:29 pm
I definitely feel you get what you pay for ...my wigs range in the $3,000 range and last for years with silky soft hair. I have gotten 2 less expensive wigs in the past and I won't do it again. Id rather wait and save up the 3,000 and be satisfied then pay 1,500 with something I have issues with... money is money. If I had spent 500 It wouldn't bother me so much if the wig had issues but once ur spending 1000 and up it's serious change.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 12:41 pm
I got a Kiki wig about three years ago. It was about 2200 dollars then, it was a big splurge, never did that before, but boy am I happy I did that! A beatiful shaitel really makes the face!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
May I ask which company u were happy with?

Dini. I also bought and was happy with a Faigy I bought for low 4s and a Yaffi for mid 4s.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
I got a Kiki wig about three years ago. It was about 2200 dollars then, it was a big splurge, never did that before, but boy am I happy I did that! A beatiful shaitel really makes the face!

I had two kikis, they were about 1600 each (at that time! now they would be over 2K) and each of them lasted about 10 years. I enjoyed them to the fullest. They were really beautiful, and I really felt I got my money's worth.

I now have a Rosemarie, I got it cheaper because someone else didn't want it, but it was originally around 2K. I absolutely enjoy it. It's high-quality hair and always looks nice. I have it for about 2 years already.

I also have a cheaper wig - a Sari I got on sale for $500 and spent another 200 for the cut. Waste.of.money. I should've saved up to get a better quality wig. I don't know if it will last me the year.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 4:52 pm
I have to miri wigs. The first one cost me $2,200 and I'm wearing it already for almost 9 years every day. (European line miri) The second one is 3 years old and looks great it cost me twenty five hundred. I am thinking of buying a chedvi which will be about 3k or so.
I don't think it's worth it to get cheap ones. The first wigs I got we're cheap and only lasted about two years and didn't look good for long. Not worth it to me.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:

I got a $3,000 and it held up much better than my cheaper ones....yes, you get what you pay for, so long as you go to someone very reputable.

chany-frum

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:01 pm
Can anyone post a link to a low-cost (up to $100-125) but good wig ... something I can wear daily

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:20 pm
mrsjay wrote:
I definitely feel you get what you pay for ...my wigs range in the $3,000 range and last for years with silky soft hair. I have gotten 2 less expensive wigs in the past and I won't do it again. Id rather wait and save up the 3,000 and be satisfied then pay 1,500 with something I have issues with... money is money. If I had spent 500 It wouldn't bother me so much if the wig had issues but once ur spending 1000 and up it's serious change.

What company was the 3k wig?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:21 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I got a $3,000 and it held up much better than my cheaper ones....yes, you get what you pay for, so long as you go to someone very reputable.

What company was the 3k wig?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:25 pm
chany-frum wrote:
Can anyone post a link to a low-cost (up to $100-125) but good wig ... something I can wear daily

(The truth is I wish I could be happy with a $100 wig.
But...
I live in a community that you are your image! I have kids to marry off and I’ll be judged by my image.
No, I’m not moving: my family is here, my parnassa is here and my schools are here)

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:27 pm
I assume a 3k wig is custom wig, right?

chany-frum

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
(The truth is I wish I could be happy with a $100 wig.
But...
I live in a community that you are your image! I have kids to marry off and I’ll be judged by my image.
No, I’m not moving: my family is here, my parnassa is here and my schools are here)

I respect that, and I understand you.....

I'm just really looking for a low-cost wig.... maybe I can be lucky and find something good enough, so I don’t look as bad as with the one I have now

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:48 pm
I ordered a wig from China for $450, and it's just as good as my $2k wig.

shshsh

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 9:21 pm
It depends. I like something cheaper for a more stylish look (think full bangs or the likes) so that I can get rid of it 2 years later.
Buy one beautiful wig, I think 2K is WAY enough to find something gorgeous.
The other one can be cheap and changed more frequently.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 10:25 pm
I got a 3K shevy a long time ago (would be more $ today) and it was garbage. Oxidized at the 18 month mark to the most bizarre shade of red and couldn't be fixed that much. Plus it never held a style. I didnt realize it til I tried wearing it irl. The hair itself seemed lovely though. Really soft and nice. But multiple cuts couldn't fixed the way it lay limply and once the color turned it was all downhill.

My Sary wigs have been my favorite and always get the most compliments. At around 1600, I'm pleased.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics