Home

My old manager stole my life
Previous  1, 2, 3

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

ora_43

Post  Thu, Oct 11 2018, 7:32 am
Your old manager sounds like he was really an emotional abuser. I second, third, etc, suggestions that therapy might be in order. There are therapists who do quick, goal-oriented work that should only take a few sessions. It can really help get your thinking straight. It sounds like you still have a lot of guilt and pain about the whole story. And some fear now of finding yourself in a similar situation in the future.

One thing I recommend, just IMHO as a very-much-not-a-therapist, is to remind yourself that it wasn't a complete waste of time. You did earn money during that time. You gained job skills. You have something to put on your resume for that time period. You made work contacts. You provided the community with whatever benefit your workplace provides (and nearly every workplace provides something). You learned what emotional abuse looks like in the workplace - true, you learned in the worst possible way, but it's still a valuable lesson. You know the warning signs.

And if nothing else, every other job you'll have should look better in comparison.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h