Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Aderes hs in lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:10 am
Any info?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:28 am
Never heard of it. Who's school is it?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 11:30 am
New high school opened by Mrs. Drillman of BYA

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 1:08 pm
They say it's "academic"? Any insight what that means? What type is the principal, what crowd are they forming?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:24 pm
We had an interview there. They told us it was going to very difficult academically. My daughter is a very smart, good girl b'h. She does well in school and did well on the entrance exam, though she struggled at the interview with the rashi they asked her to explain. I'm not sure if it was because it was a very difficult rashi or maybe she was just nervous. She didn't end up getting accepted but we're talking about Lakewood schools here, (always difficult to get in no matter what) so it could have been for any number of reasons, or no real reason at all (space constraints/other people had more pull etc.)

Mrs. Drillman, the head of the school, seemed like a very fine woman and I've heard only nice things said about her. I've also heard that she expects a lot from her girls academically.

I don't know what kind of crowd they're forming, I heard they're being very selective but I don't know if that meant academically or with the types of families they're accepting. Best of luck!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:34 pm
I know a few girls who are there now and so far they all love it. (Though school just started).
They took a very nice solid crowd.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
I know a few girls who are there now and so far they all love it. (Though school just started).
They took a very nice solid crowd.

What socioeconomic background- yeshivish, working, regular, wealthy?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 04 2018, 7:15 pm
The girls I know who are there are regular nice families. Solid, Frum, working.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 10 2018, 1:50 pm
I'm sorry if I'm being dense but what does difficult academically mean? That girls work hard and come out ahead of others? In which ways?
Or that they work hard with no benefit?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 11:26 am
Any updates on aderes? How many kids did they take first year?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 11:37 am
That's our first choice of high schools for next year. DD is very smart so academically will be no problem. This year they took 70 girls and I heard they have an excellent crowd. Amother above, what type of rashi did they ask her to explain? I thought they only did that when you apply to seminary? Does anyone else know if they do that at all the other high school interviews as well?

Thanks for bumping this up. I'll be watching this thread.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:56 pm
Amother peach, could you please tell me what you know about the crowd?

ETA: where are they located for next year?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 8:02 am
amother wrote:
That's our first choice of high schools for next year. DD is very smart so academically will be no problem. This year they took 70 girls and I heard they have an excellent crowd. Amother above, what type of rashi did they ask her to explain? I thought they only did that when you apply to seminary? Does anyone else know if they do that at all the other high school interviews as well?

Thanks for bumping this up. I'll be watching this thread.

Yes, some other high schools also do this. A good friend of mine is the tester at a very popular local high school (she teaches in the school, too.) She said it doesn't count as much as you might think.....they know the girls are nervous, and it might not be a Rashi they ever learned. What your elementary school says about you counts much more.

I find that when a high school opens up, they tend to be more successful if they start out being very academic. Just look at Oros, as an example....

Some girls, even those who are very smart, get burned out after a while if the academics are very high. They need breathing time. Something to consider as a parent.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 9:36 pm
Anybody knows where they are located?

Chayalle, I agree with the sentiment about overworked girls. Otoh, shall one choose a school that is "low pressure" (read, low academics)?
Is there middle ground?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:25 pm
Any new information about aderes?

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 8:10 pm
Please give some info- have an interview there next week. What type of crowd? Is it academic like oros? Is it in a office building on the 70 ?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:04 am
lkwdgirl wrote:
Please give some info- have an interview there next week. What type of crowd? Is it academic like oros? Is it in a office building on the 70 ?

What have you found in your research that made you apply there?

lkwdgirl

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:29 am
Was told it’s academic but not highly and a warm place and mrs driilman is great

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 12:15 am
Bump

Does anyone know more about this school?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 6:25 pm
amother wrote:
Bump

Does anyone know more about this school?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics