Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Night time training

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Oct 06 2018, 10:50 pm
Any tipa to help my 5 year old learn to be trained at night? He wasn't trained for night at same timw as trained for daytime. Attempted to just take off pullups and speak about it but he woke up soaking 3 days in a row. Tried waking him before going to bed myself, and again in mid of night but didn't help.

Also have another boy who was recently trained also only for daytime. Would love to train him for night time as well but not as urgent because he is only 2 and a half just don't want to get into the same situation as with my older son.
Help?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 10:48 pm
Bump....

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 11:35 pm
I never tried his method, but I read about this in the book oh ****, potty training:
Limit fluid intake up to 3 hours before bedtime.
Then she recommends waking the child 2 times a night. Let’s say 10:00 and 2:00. If it’s not working do 12:00 and 4:00... Have the potty next to the child’s bed, so they shouldn’t wake, or have them pee in a cup. Do this for about a week. Then go down to one waking and push it off a little bit each night, till it’s about 2 hours before waking time. If he could hold it till then he can hold it all night.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 11:41 pm
In my experience, this is a milestone that different children achieve at different ages, and there's nothing you can do about it. My girls all became dry at night 1-2 years after being trained during the day (ie age 3-5) but my boys have taken much longer. One was soaking pullups (Good Nites, actually) every night until shortly before his 10th birthday, when he suddenly (miraculously!) started being dry and hasn't had an accident since. I am so grateful for the existence of Good Nites!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics