Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Need help figuring out
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:22 am
amother wrote:
Go to Miriam Weider kenesiologist 7189631798

Where is she located?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 8:23 am
It may not be a food allergy.
I've always had eczema and itchy skin, but a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with chronic idiopathic hives (because allergy testing didn't show any food or environmental allergy). I subsequently went to an allergist who tested me for allergens found in creams, soaps, shampoo, etc. (Many allergists do not have this allergen panel available for routine testing.) It turns out that I'm allergic to some very common substances like lanolin, fragrances, etc- things that were in the creams and soaps that I was using! My skin isn't perfect but it's much, much better.
I also take an antihistamine most days, which is an improvement from when I took 2 antihistamines, Benadryl, used hydrocortisone - and still suffered from itching!
I truly sympathize with you and hope you find a solution soon.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:45 am
Miriam weider is in williamsburg

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:45 am
Miriam weider is in williamsburg

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 3:02 pm
This may sound nuts but it worked for my son. My doctor said that irritation leads to more irritation so you need to remove all irritation at once. He said not to avoid foods that are triggers since that can cause an allergy. He said to put zinc oxide on the areas that are very irritated and use Selsun Blue for the scalp and he gave me a prescription for behind the ears. One thing that was also a valuable part of our routine was to apply olive oil to the entire body (literally head to toe) after the bath. (needs to be applied when the pores are still open from the hot water). Please keep us updated!

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 3:12 pm
I was wheat free for a long time due to some digestive issues. I love carbs and I never felt deprived at all. My local kosher store has a ton of spelt products which are related to wheat but different enough for some people to tolerate. Crackers, pretzels, bread, pasta. Also the Gluten free options are great now. Pasta, bagels, donuts you really should not worry that if you try it you will be lacking in food choices.

Ma3

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 3:33 pm
I understand your confusion. I realized that all eczem cases ARE NOT EQUAL!! And what works for one, will not necessarily work for the other. That's why kinesiology was the answer for me. It took off tons of the doubts and the guessing. The kinesiologist has tons of tiny bottles and while he moves his hand over it he pushes down your hand to see what makes it weak. He can tell you if he sees it's dust, pollen, any specific food, mold, yeast, etc
Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, only your doubts and your eczema. I used Dr. Antebi in Flatbush.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics