Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Vans for large families

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 7:01 pm
If you had a choice between a 9 passenger suburban, the Nissan van, and the Ford Transit for a family of 9, what would you pick (and why)? Feel free to add suggestions that I haven’t listed here.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 07 2018, 10:43 pm
Definitely not the Suburban -- hard to climb in, very squishy, no room for growth.

I got the Nissan and have posted about the pros/cons with the Transit. FTR, I know 2 people who got Transits after I did (I'm starting my 4th year with my van) that had to bring theirs into the mechanic but BA"H I haven't had any issues with my Nissan. Could be luck, or it could be better quality.

Basic gist: Transit 12 passenger (or if you're not planning on expanding you can even get a 10 passenger) has more luggage space and better window visibility but may or may not be as good mechanically (so hard to tell as both are new at least on the US market for longevity stats) and is noisier from what I've been told as well as having slightly longer brake time (but you get used to any car's specifics). Nissan is reliable, has a big hood so harder to turn in but easier/cheaper for repairs as engine is accessible, if you go for higher end models there are more features than the Ford offers, drives smoothly and quietly. Layout is also different (Ford has an aisle seat separate from the rest). Ford offers more LATCH spaces but I frequently install without LATCH so it doesn't bother me in my Nissan (we have more top tether spots than lower anchors). Nissan has more cup holders if you care for your kids to have that luxury.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:28 am
Do not get a Chevrolet Express. SO uncomfortable in the back. I never rode in the back in a Ford, but the limited leg room in the front seats is annoying. I would get a Nissan in a heartbeat (if only we could afford it)!

ces

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 12:45 am
I have a 9 seater suburban. It was great while we were using 8 seats but the 9th seat is really crowded and uncomfortable for all 3 in the front row. I like the van otherwise but wouldn't choose to buy it if you will already be filling all seats - I bought it when I was pregnant with my 6th kh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics