Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Conflicting vacation schedules

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 4:44 pm
So this is the first year that my 9th grade son doesn’t really have winter vacation. It usually works out that winter break is the one time we are able to get away as a family usually after my husband had a busy few months at work where we haven’t seen much of him

If my oldest can’t come is it still fair to go away on a fun vacation and leave him behind? Ther isn’t much other times in the year to make it up for him

What do u do in ur house?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 5:38 pm
When this hit us, it was hard.

Does he have a long weekend? Often ds's weekend will overlap vacation, starting the Thursday night of the week everyone else has off. So I would take the other kids to relatives, and then dh brought ds to join us Thursday night through Sunday evening. Then I tried to do something one on one with him on his Monday off when the rest of the kids went back to school.

I know- not the same. We also try to do a week in the summer. But this is the beginning ofthe conflicts...

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:10 pm
Take him out of school.

In a couple of years he will be out of the house. Make the most of he precious time, nothing is going to happen if he is off school for a week.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:10 pm
Can you pull him out of school for those few days?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 6:11 pm
Not really he has off Friday and Monday. Everyone has off mon-following sunday. Not even sure if the mondays officially overlap.
Even for this summer he started Yeshiva the week that everyone finished camp. And in general it was too hectic so we didn’t get to do anything than

Not complaining just trying to figure out a way to make it work for everyone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children