Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
HOw will my family stay warm in the winter?

thegiver

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:25 pm
We just moved to monsey from florida and we are not used to the winter chill and boy am I dreading it.

Where around monsey or online do you buy warm bedding clothing etc? What are essentials? And besides for heating what are some tips for staying wam inside and out?

Btw how does a baby sleep warmly without down blankets? And Are those bundleme things safe inside carseats bec I know coats arent safe inside carseats...

Thanks so very much!!

precious

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:32 pm
Keep on the heat.
If your home doesnt heat well you can get yiur kids sweatshirts and soft blankets to cozy up on the couch.
Thick curtains keep out the chill from windows.
You can get the warm fleece pajamas with feet from carters.
The bundleme goes over the carseat so it doesn't impact the safety straps around the baby like a coat would.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:43 pm
thegiver wrote:
We just moved to monsey from florida and we are not used to the winter chill and boy am I dreading it.

Where around monsey or online do you buy warm bedding clothing etc? What are essentials? And besides for heating what are some tips for staying wam inside and out?

Btw how does a baby sleep warmly without down blankets? And Are those bundleme things safe inside carseats bec I know coats arent safe inside carseats...

Thanks so very much!!

layers, layers, layers.

I put my baby in at least one pair of pjs, socks, with a fleece onesie over it. If it's very cold, I'll do two layers of pjs.

And layers for everyone is the warmest way to do it, really. of course you also need good coats, but nothing can compensate for layers.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:48 pm
For the house- make sure it’s well insulated- windows, doors.....
For clothes- good warm jacket, hat, booots
For baby- the bundle me kind of thing for the car seat and stroller is a lifesavor!

4pom

Post Mon, Oct 08 2018, 10:57 pm
I never liked cold or winter and last year I decided I was going to prepare myself practically. I got myself and kids fleece leggings and thermals and ugg style boots.
- Game changer

Also a vest - bc dont like bulky coats. So it kinda layers and can fit under coat if needed.
Thanks for Reminding me to restock thermals for one kid who really suffers from cold.

Keep warm and healthy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics