Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next

keym

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 9:45 am
seeker wrote:
Cmon, you know this author by now. You think she's going to find the note and read it in the same episode? We can only hope we actually find out next week. I say this with love, Scotty, but the cliffhangers drive me bananas.

Funny. I was just commenting to someone that there must be a huge 180 coming soon because the story is moving fairly fast for EGS. (Anyone remember how many weeks Gella was in labor for? And the build up to that chasuna?)

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:01 am
What was the full name written in the back of the picture?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:14 am
keym wrote:
Funny. I was just commenting to someone that there must be a huge 180 coming soon because the story is moving fairly fast for EGS. (Anyone remember how many weeks Gella was in labor for? And the build up to that chasuna?)

All the same, it would be impossible for a character to find a note and read it in the same chapter.

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:22 am
seeker wrote:
All the same, it would be impossible for a character to find a note and read it in the same chapter.

Yes, but you could find a clue... I if anyone would be so kind as to post for me the full name on the note ?? Just as a chessed so I can at least put this idea to rest?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:31 am
Yisroel ben Zundel Rvorsky

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:31 am
Sorry I don't have the Binah, I read it by someone else. There didn't seem to be anything especially interesting about the name, except inasmuch as it might relate to the characterverse of other EGS stories that we know overlap family trees but I can never keep track of those (Gella may have been a Rvorsky? I can't.)

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:39 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Yisroel ben Zundel Rvorsky

Thank you so much!!.. now I’ve got to get thinking

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:47 am
cbsp wrote:
Will this raise any flags for Harry once he has a chance to think?

I don't think Harry thinks too much, lol! He's too quick for that. Though, Scotty sure is making lots of ladies think these days.....

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 10:55 am
Does anyone remember if it has been confirmed that the picture is indeed of Issy, Leiby and their mother?

We know Birdie originally thought it was of Harry and his brother.
Did anyone actually state who the people are?

cbsp

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:54 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Does anyone remember if it has been confirmed that the picture is indeed of Issy, Leiby and their mother?

We know Birdie originally thought it was of Harry and his brother.
Did anyone actually state who the people are?

Yes, Harry did. He seemed puzzled when Birdie didn't know who it was.

cbsp

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 12:59 pm
seeker wrote:

True dat.

But there also is the scene where Issy writes the note (and specifically only can write the initials "HF" instead of Harry's full name cuz his strength was rapidly waning).

Maybe Harry is reading his initials on there as an indictment, an indication that Issy blamed him rather than Issy's intent of "get this to my friend Harry"?

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:00 pm
cbsp wrote:
Yes, Harry did. He seemed puzzled when Birdie didn't know who it was.

But was he also assuming he knew who they were? Leo hasn’t seen it yet, maybe they’re not who we think they are.
Also just trying to get the family straightened out: was the real Beile’s father called Leibish? He was the one who made the Gella shidduch?

And do we hear anywhere how long Leo has been orphaned of his father?

Scotty, this is making me meshuge and I have I have so much to do today 🤨

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Sep 18 2019, 2:23 pm
cbsp wrote:
True dat.

But there also is the scene where Issy writes the note (and specifically only can write the initials "HF" instead of Harry's full name cuz his strength was rapidly waning).

Maybe Harry is reading his initials on there as an indictment, an indication that Issy blamed him rather than Issy's intent of "get this to my friend Harry"?

Maybe Birdie's real name is Hinda Farkash and Issy was trying to hint to Harry to marry her instead of Beile? Laugh

SYA

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:15 pm
Oh Scotty, you've left us hanging at the end of this week's installment.

Is next week the final chapter?

SYA

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:17 pm
We also didn't get to see Issy's paper "up front" yet. Will we get to see it or is not relevant?
Seems it's very important.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 3:38 pm
Today's installment was absolutely awesome! The emotion, Leo having to face his inner demons, Morrie's brilliant and under appreciated take on life and grief...
Scotty well done on this one!

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 7:32 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Today's installment was absolutely awesome! The emotion, Leo having to face his inner demons, Morrie's brilliant and under appreciated take on life and grief...
Scotty well done on this one!

Also the leaning toward connecting the two directions, as Leo indicates he now intends to get involved. If we were previously led to think that it was all up to Birdie.

And we still don't know what Birdie saw in the note. I did realize that we weren't going to find and read the note in the same chapter but I forgot that it could take months.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 8:14 pm
seeker wrote:
Also the leaning toward connecting the two directions, as Leo indicates he now intends to get involved. If we were previously led to think that it was all up to Birdie.

And we still don't know what Birdie saw in the note. I did realize that we weren't going to find and read the note in the same chapter but I forgot that it could take months.

And I'm desperately hoping Leo will find it in himself to let go of his anger at harry and graciously help him out of this mess. I want to read about some greatness and strength of character in this story full of lies and cowardice.

Last edited by honeymoon on Mon, Sep 23 2019, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Miri1

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:00 pm
Brilliant chapter, oh the intricate layers of emotion, and such a treat to see Maurie come into himself here - what a wise and insightful friend he is.

So wonderful to hear that Wolf Adler is well and continues to be the strong and warm person that he was.... great touch there Scotty!

Now I worry for Leo and his next step...

Miri1

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 9:02 pm
SYA wrote:
We also didn't get to see Issy's paper "up front" yet. Will we get to see it or is not relevant?
Seems it's very important.

She's still dangling it Wink There was some mention this week of erasures on that note....
Page 11 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room