Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 15  16  17  Next

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 6:33 pm
Reread the paragraph(s?) before "she told him and broke him apart." It sounded something like, in less eloquent words, "she figured out what the message on the photo meant, and could hardly believe no one had noticed it before. This was huge, it would destroy them all. She almost didn't want to tell anyone, but this was too big for her to decide, and she had promised herself she wouldn't lie to Harry anymore. So she told him and it broke him apart."

I mean, like I was saying before I realized that, it doesn't really make sense otherwise - she tells Harry she's not Belle and subsequently they set off to the veld in middle of a stormy night? Clearly on some kind of mission, presumably a mission which is based on the message on the photo.

Oh and btw my theory above meshes with the person who supposed Cob might be in on something. If Issy really did swap places with some other dying dude then Cob would have known, being that he brought home the story of Issy's death. Still a far-fetched theory because where would he find a fresh body in such a random place, I don't think he'd become a murderer over this.

tothepoint

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 6:54 pm
I love how you people analyze every detail!

To me it occurred that the words zeyt moichel were meant to be related to Leo. As per the previous chapter, Morrie realizes that Leo’s anger towards Harry is magnified by his subconscious anger towards Issy

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 8:09 pm
Yeah but Issy couldn't possibly have had any hope of Leo seeing the note. As far as he was concerned, Leo was a little boy in Russia (or something, a world away) and he was sending the note to a random Jew who wouldn't even know who he was, let alone how to reach his family. If that's what really happened, anyway. Waiting for Monday and hoping EG won't drag us on too long.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 8:28 pm
Has there ever been a serial that was analyzed as much as this one?!? Good work, Scotty!

dietcokeaddict

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 8:37 pm
Forget about what Birdie told Harry for a second; is no one else going crazy wondering what Harry told her? That last scene this week, where Leo urges him to tell her what she did? Didn’t he already tell all? Or is there yet another deep, dark secret lurking?

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 8:50 pm
dietcokeaddict wrote:
Forget about what Birdie told Harry for a second; is no one else going crazy wondering what Harry told her? That last scene this week, where Leo urges him to tell her what she did? Didn’t he already tell all? Or is there yet another deep, dark secret lurking?

Yeah so that there was a major cliffhanger. But I was focusing on the part that we actually have clues for.

But yes, Harry's reaction to Leo saying that was a startling. It did seem that he was being honest before, but now it does seem there might have been more...? Or is it just his same old guilt attacking him over again? I dunno but I don't think we have clues about this.

I hope next chapter has SOMETHING to put us at ease because we are at a very suspenseful point now and I think the next issue after this is going to be after Succos. Cannot.

dietcokeaddict

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 9:22 pm
Yes, there had better be some real answers this week or else...I usually try not to open the Yom Tov issues until the actual Yom Tov, but no way that’s happening this year!

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 9:31 pm
I always read the soap operas first. The rest I save for Yom tov.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 6:25 am
Oh, the minute I get my magazines I rip them open and read the serials Very Happy

honeymoon

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:17 am
Seeker, somehow knowing Egs I also have this feeling that Issy is still alive somewhere. Logically, I don't see how she can pull it off as he probably would have made himself known at this point. Yet, with Egs as the author weirder things have happened.

I also don't believe that Birdie revealed herself to him yet as the subsequent paragraphs portrayed more of an urgency and a time sensitive mission resulting from her epiphany.

Scotty, you successfully managed to turn my brain into mush. Punch

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:32 am
But how did he get a body?!

honeymoon

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:47 am
seeker wrote:
But how did he get a body?!

Hmmm... Leave it up to Etka Gittel's imagination, she won't disappoint us, I promise.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:03 am
Also, I'm not great at remembering details from a long time ago, can someone remember whether we know or have hints what happened when Harry went after Issy and then came back?

myself

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:16 am
I'm assuming he would still send money back to his family if he were alive.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:35 am
Issy disappearing alive is a solid theory that fits the information we have, but it would probably require a very high level of nastiness from him, which would be sad. These novels involve a lot of tragedy but usually not evil. Which may be the news that would "destroy" everyone if we're talking about emotionally. Unless dropping his family was the absolute only way he could think of to make his disappearance effective, while he did teshuva somewhere far away from Harry's hijinks after discarding the diamonds. I do wonder if Eisenman is somehow involved with that...

Do I have nothing better to do with my life than type guesses about a fictional story?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:51 pm
Okay, Seeker, I got my binah.
You were correct!!
Phew.
Birdie did not yet reveal her identity to Harry.
And they are indeed on their way to look for the hidden stones.
It's very powerful this week.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:23 pm
My problem is that I read too hastily. First of all I don't have time to sit down and bask in literature on a Monday. Then I'm in suspense so I just race to see what happens. And I'm really "sharing" someone else's Binah so I need to skim and get it back to her before I go to work Wink

honeymoon

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 2:45 pm
seeker wrote:
Issy disappearing alive is a solid theory that fits the information we have, but it would probably require a very high level of nastiness from him, which would be sad. These novels involve a lot of tragedy but usually not evil. Which may be the news that would "destroy" everyone if we're talking about emotionally. Unless dropping his family was the absolute only way he could think of to make his disappearance effective, while he did teshuva somewhere far away from Harry's hijinks after discarding the diamonds. I do wonder if Eisenman is somehow involved with that...

Do I have nothing better to do with my life than type guesses about a fictional story?

You got me thinking here...

theory

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:52 pm
Am I the only one that suddenly remembered there was a Sam Rvorsky in Full Harvest? Anyone else thinking maybe Issy made it to the USA?

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 5:40 pm
Several pages up it was noted about Full Harvest Rvorsky. Check the timeline to see if one of them could be Issy? Not my strength.
Page 13 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room